“High hopes... Not fulfilled”
Review of Koh Poda Island

Ranked #40 of 136 things to do in Krabi Province
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Beach
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

From the shore of Ao Nang it looks like a tropical paradise, somewhere to get away from it all on white sanded beaches.... In reality it's pretty dirty!

We arrived and were greeted by some nice sand then rubbish and bits everywhere (lots of lighters for some reason) I can help but think the lack of bins on the island contributes.

The water was lovely and the fish were fun.

There is a little restaurant which is horrifically over priced for the crap they serve, toilets were horrific!

Generally It was a bit of a let down - we did see monkeys and also be aware there is wildlife there like the snake we encountered coming towards us...

Probably wouldn't go again

in 7 reviews
"mins"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We hired a boat for a day and stopped for 2-3 hours on this island. We didn't stop where all the other boats where so it didn't feel crowded at all.

The sand was white and clean and the water was amazing. Clear water and some fish for snorkelling (but not amazing snorkelling).

2  Thank TravelingDarcy
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Koh Poda Island is in the middle of a beautiful nowhere! Krabi is indeed pregnant with Signs all around us. The uninhabited (by man) islands that jutt out from the ocean breaking the monotony of the horizon is just too beautiful to witness. The fact that most of the earth's surface is underwater leads one to imagine just exactly what is all down and out there. Poda is one of the many tourist hot spots, so try visiting just before or after the rush. Being mostly uninhabited, the little shoppe on shore gets replenished with snacks etc on a daily basis by boat. How uhmazzzzing is that?!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had high hopes to see a beautiful island but they were shattered by an overdose of tourists and piles and piles of filth, I am a smoker myself but I am disgusted by the amount of sigarette buts loaded on the beach and not to forget All the other crap left there.
I at least took all my rubbish with me back to shore, the other bad news is of course all the dead coral reefs, most destroyed by the tsunami but I can imagine that this is also due to the fact of all these boats powering in... The longtail boats are still ok but these high powered speed boats speeding through should be banned in order to save marine life.
We did a three island tour, poda we only stayed for 20 minutes, after went to chicken island what is also horrible, I have to say the last island we did was prha Nang cave (not really island but still)
Aahhh at last beautiful beach and plenty monkeys! Spider monkeys with young and macaque (who steal everything that is loose) nice for snorkeling too, if you want a nice clean beach go there, you can climb swim and see plenty of nature with a stunning view

3  Thank Frederic K
See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have lunch at Poda island during our 4 island tour. I love this standing rock as it is beautiful in photos. I capture lots of scenery photos on this icon. Once you see the rock and you will know it is Aonang & Krabi.

Here is my review on Poda Island:-

Attraction Highlight:It is a huge island but there is a standing rock near the island which capture everyone attention. There is a café and a small store selling drinks, fried corn and fried chicken while looking at the scenery at Poda island.

Attraction Tips:Remember to capture a photo with you and also the scenery itself. Try to blend the longtail boat, beach & the rock in a photo. It is amazing.