“Lovely!”

125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hong Island - love the lagoon, love the beach -- wished we could stay longer.

We had our lunch catered for by the boat tour company, so we didn;t check out any food or drinks option there. The crowd started to thin out by lunch hour..so it you are ok with the hot sun, this may be the best time to hang around and have *almost* the entire beach to yourself. It is a lovely beach and i would have liked to spend more time.

Fishes in the beach are friendly - i fed them bred crumbs and they happily swam around me. Be sure to bring some there . I saw groups bringing a whole loaf! I had only 1 slice and that kept them happy for a long while!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Most memorable part of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Its beauty is breathtaking and it's so huge that you can enjoy the beach without getting bothered with the crowd. Hong Island was last on my itinerary of the day so I arrived around 3 pm and had plenty of time to have great fun here. The sun was at its hottest but it didn't matter one bit – there are plenty of place to find shade near the big cliffs. There are many small fishes too! I think I got stung a little and later saw a stranded jellyfish, so perhaps you may need to be a little careful when swimming. Other than that, Hong Island is paradise defined.

If you want a relaxing holiday with breathtaking scenery, make sure you don't miss this one.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Andrew D
Rome, Italy
5 attraction reviews
“great place,many people”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

we are,a family of 5,we booked a trip to Hong islands ,just after theThai new years. It's a great place,but far to many people,maybe better in the low season.

Singapore, Singapore
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Touring Hong Islands with Krabi Kingdom”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you are looking for a detailed review on a tour to Hong Islands (something highly recommended by many people), read on!

Date of Visit: 18th Apr 2013

Company: Krabi Kingdom

Fees: My home stay owner (Ao Nang Home Stay) arranged a tour for me with Krabi Kingdom to Hong Islands with kayaking and snorkeling for 1200 Baht - the stated price on KK's website is 1650 Baht so I thought it was worth it. BUT apparently the prices vary and I asked some of the people whom I met on the tour - a Singapore couple paid 1250 Baht per pax for the same tour as me (arranged by their hotel) and an American couple paid 625 Baht per pax (though it did not include kayaking, arranged through a tour company as they hopped around various tour companies there) so you could shop around for better deals if you wish.

Experience:
We were picked up from our accommodation from 8.30 am onwards and driven to Ao Nang beach where we waited for everyone to reach (there was another bus load of people - but in total only 20 of us so not too bad, apparently the long-tail boat we then took to the various islands was meant to hold 28).

We departed Ao Nang at about 9.30 am and reached Daeng Island (mainly a big piece of red rock) at 10 a.m. for snorkelling. It was quite a nice place for a beginner at snorkelling like me as there were quite a few schools of fish so that was cool following them around.

We left Daeng Island at 10.30 a.m. to go to Hong Islands itself and reached at 11 a.m. Those who chose kayaking set off at about 11.20 a.m. to go one round around the main island. The sun was searing hot at that time but thankfully we were sheltered by the high mountains most of the time because we were going around the island. We kayaked for about an hour plus and took photos at various rest points and the best part was the hidden lagoon where our guide helped to pick up starfishes for us to touch! Buffet lunch started by the time we arrived at 12.50 p.m. and it was a simple but good meal with curry chicken, vegetables, fried chicken wings, rice, pineapples and watermelon. I then snorkelled at the beautiful pool at Hong Island like many others but there weren't that many fishes there.

We left Hong Island at 2 p.m. to go to our last stop, Paradise Island and reached at 2.30 p.m. for some snorkelling. There were quite a few fishes so it was another enjoyable place to snorkel. Finally, we departed at 3.15 p.m. and arrived back at Ao Nang beach at 4 p.m. before being driven back to our accommodation.

Overall, I enjoyed the tour but I can imagine others may be bored because there was quite a bit of travelling time between islands (2 hours) so effectively there's only about 4 hours for other activities. Go for the kayaking and snorkelling or else it'll be very boring!

7 Thank MrLukeLau
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hong was one of our favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We did a day trip to Hong by speed boat and although crowded in areas, loved this island so much. The lagoon we stopped at had beautiful water and star fish on the bottom that my children were able to hold. We then went to have lunch in the most picturesque part of Hong. Fed fish, posed for photos next to long boats, snorkelled near the rocks and had a lovely swim in the sheltered water of the beach. Highly recommend a visit to Hong and just ignore the crowds (or make some new friends from different countries)....like anywhere in the world if it is popular and beautiful of course there will be other people there.