“Loved It!”

Carnewas and Bedruthan Steps
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in St Eval
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We parked at the National Trust Site Carnewas and walked down to the Bedruthan Steps. I would recommend this. The best part was, we arrived as Carnewas was closing down, so they waived us right past the parking fee shack! (I can't guarantee these results will be duplicated.)

It's a pleasant walk, with awesome views. The Bedruthan steps were amazing. The tide was coming in, so we could only walk down to the sign that said, "Don't go past here if the tide is in." it was still awesome!

Got some good pictures of the waves crashing off the rocks, as well.

Definitely recommend!

in 26 reviews
"incoming tide"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lovely beach! Be warned though, lots of steps, so that could be an issue. The sand was/is lovely, and the small pools of water scattered near the rocks was fun to splash in. Water (on a warm day) from the sea is not very cold, but remember DO NOT swim in the water.

Only concern (and I may exaggerate this, as I have a phobia of jellyfish) that Jellyfish are quite a common sight when the tide is coming in, so do be careful

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've only ever visited here at high tide or during storms so I've never been down on the beach among the stacks, but it is still a fascinating experience of the Atlantic Ocean's effect on the rocky Cornish coast. The walking is easy, you can get away from the crowds and the views are extensive. If you use the National Trust car park then you can sample the cafe, with seating inside or out, and Trust shop.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

By far the best beach I've been to in Cornwall, or possibly ever. The sand is damp so easy to walk on, there are nice pools to swim in and a nice cooling breeze. To cap it all, the NT cafe at the top serves the best cream tea we had in Cornwall in a cute little garden. So well worth a visit, especially in summer.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Unspoilt coastline and beach were perfect. My partner and I were walking the SW Coastal Path when we came upon Bedruthan and it took our breath away. The rock formations were nature's architecture at it's best and the glorious sandy beach completed the romantic scene. This is best seen at low tide. Unfortunately it is not really accessible to people with disabilites although can be veiwed from the cliff top.