Waiwera Holiday Park
Priceline
Whangaparaoa Lodge(Whangaparaoa)(Great Value!)
$112
$108
Snells Beach Motel(Snells Beach)(Great Value!)
$102
$84
  • Pool
Warkworth Lodge(Warkworth)(Great Value!)
$80
$58
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I thought this Place looks ok on the net .
So I booked a cabin that sleeps 5 for a family of 4.
we arrived and was given a map to the place we where staying. we found the following.
Place real run down, Grounds really run down,Bin over flowing with rubbish ,Dump for rubbish on the site close to the beach which you have to walk past to get to the beach
and you can smell it from the cabins if the wind blows in your direction .

Cabins are run down and cramped and hot as hell even with the windows open . there are thorns every where on the ground so it is not a good venue for the kids, there is no play ground for them either. the volley ball court to is full of thorns. the net is broken.

The communal Kitchen is the disgusting and needs a real good clean .
the toilets and showers are below average .

Overall this place is a joke and a big waste of money .

p.s on a parting note WOODY'S resturant Is a big disappointment I waited there for 30 min Just to be ask if I could place my order ,food was greasy as hell and not worth the money ,tables where dirty and staff where useless.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank seeyasa
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I do a lot of camping and chose this site because the weather looked dodgy and if it rains going to the hotpools is a good way to spend the day.

I will try to cover off all of the point so as to give a rounded experience.

On arrival I paid for 2 people for 2 nights - I paid over 120 dollars NZ - this is expensive for a campsite, and I paid less over the peak new years season at Hahei.

The lady was helpful and gave me lots of detail on the Wenderholm walk for which I was thankful.

There is also a discount off the thernal pools from 25 to 10 dollas each - so you could consider this a good discount.

The location is pretty spectacular, however I would say that if you are camping then be aware your tent is going to be blasted by wind as you are right on the coast, if you do camp try and pary your car right next to the tent to block sone of the wind.

The campsite itself is a wee bit run down and needs a good spruce up, althought hese are hard times (Although they say camping grounds are doing roaring trades these days)

For this reason it appears to be the camp is best suited for caravans, house trucks, etc.

The showers were indeed 20c for 3 minutes, to me I would I thought a simple thing like this is covered off by the high fees, it would be better to have a button to limit the shower time, however it is only 20c so just a slight pain to ensure you have the money.

Also we had a light right next to our tent, I figured out how to turn it off, but would of been unhappy if it was on all night right next to the tent.

It is a short walk to the pools and the only bar / restaurant is woody's which is stuck in the 80's / 90's, but for this reason I say its a good kiwi experience, food is cheap too.

The pools itself needs a bit of a spruce up, I also think it could do with a lap pool, but hey I am a swimmer so I am biased.

Do make sure you go to Wenderhom for the walk throught he bush and hang on the beach, you may even want to consider getting a permit to stay there if you want to rough it a bit more, its probably cheaper, and if you are going to use the thermal pools then you can shower there.

Overall I will give this a 3 out of 5.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RicardoNZ
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Fabulous location (on beach and next to thermal resort) but otherwise pretty average. Showers were not very hot and also had to pay despite the fact that it was way off season. If you need somewhere just north of Aucland, fine but otherwise, don't bother...

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple