“Great Day Out - Even for 2 adults!”

Tamar Valley Donkey Park
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love this place, I have been here 3 times now and not a single time with any children! I love donkeys so I may be slightly biased but i think it is a wonderful place to spend a couple of hours fussing and feeding the donkeys and goats. There is lots of wildlife to look at and from the looks of things lots of play equipment and activities for children. I'd definitely say it's worth a visit!

2  Thank Nell H

Reviewed August 25, 2013

after reading some of the reviews. id like to say if you actually spent your time there reading about who they are and what they do you will see they are a sanctuary/charity. they rescue animals that are abandomed/ abused and not looked after. they give these animals the quality of life they deserve. the best thing about this park is as soon as you open the doors you are greeted by a goat. the animals walk around the park on their own and the kids love it. yes some of them are behind fences as they have alot of donkeys and i think if they were all out it would be a bit too daunting for the kids.
the inside play area is great. alot to chooae from like cars/ trampoline / building blocks / a decent soft play with slides / play houses etc and sometimes the odd sneaky goat.
the outside area is big with loads to choose from again. zip slides / play houses / various slides / seesaws / sand pits / tunnels / various swings / trampolines and a great wooden climbing frame with slides and swings. oh and a football goal for older kids too.
ive took my son here several times and he loves it. he even found some chicks the 2nd time he was there and when we go back the staff always remembee us and tell him how the chicks are doing. the staff are very friendly and are doing a great thing for these animals. its great to know theyve come from being ill and left on the moors to being there where they get the love and attention of kids and even if some of the goats are overfed its better than seeing them suffer like they once were.
would / have definitely recommend :)

1  Thank hayz1984
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here, I just felt I had to write, I visited the Donkey Park recently and have to say it was a well fun day for my 2 children, they really enjoyed the experience ok they couldn't ride the Donkeys but they could groom them and walk them, which they enjoyed, they saw the other animals wandering around instead of some places where they are cooped up, then they went in the inside play area and had a great time on the drop slide and the climbing frames etc and as the weather was good they also spent a great deal of time in the outside play area, everything is safe and secure with the bonus of being allowed to bring your own food in unlike a lot of places, however the café on site was excellent as well, you can stay for as long as you like and my children were never bored. The admission price was well worth it especially as this place gets no public funding, the staff were helpful and would answer any questions about the animals my children gave them, so a great day out was had by all of us. Would definitely go again.

2  Thank cory395
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Myself & my partner visited last week with two 7 yr olds & we all loved it! The set up was wonderful, the animals are so friendly and the staff are so helpful and friendly. It was value for money & it really was a fabulous day out. As well as the animals (donkeys, goats, sheep, hens, ducks, rabbits etc) there is a huge indoor and outdoor play area. We got there at midday & had to practically drag the kids away at 4.30pm. If you get chance read the stories about the animals on the board inside by the indoor play area, you really get a feel what this charity is trying to achieve. It was worth every penny, and the kids gained new confidence around the animals too. I would highly recommend this place to visit, I will definitely go back when we next visit Cornwall.

1  Thank LeilaniBlackburn
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The outside play area has lots of old and shabby equipment and a trampoline that has no netting and is not level so when the children bounce on it they keep bouncing dangerously to the edge. The inside soft play area was ok but not a great size. The website advertises donkeys, goats, sheep, pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs but yet all we saw were scruffy looking donkeys and some over fed goats. There were some Shetland ponies but these were kept behind an electric fence. All in all a poor day out and very over priced, especially as children pay the same entrance fee as adults, I would not recommend this to anyone you would be better off taking your children to either a zoo or a soft play area.