“Nice gardens, good wifi”

Statham Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice gardens, good wifi”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Another hotel I've used often with work and is my first choice when in the area. Wifi coverage is good & free.

Some of the rooms are perhaps a little dated and the beds not as comfortable as some, but it's always consistent and clean. Ideally you want a room in the main house - they've more character than those in the extended back.

The hotel gardens and surrounds are very pleasant with some nice sitting areas around the back of the hotel. Great if you're staying in the summer.

Food is good and the bar area pleasant with some large leather sofas. Breakfasts are ok.

A nicer choice than one of the faceless chain hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank boytaylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

I echo everything from the previous reviewer.

I have been a trainer for nearly 20 years and trained in venues across the world. The facilities at Statham Lodge were good and the surroundings make everyone feel relaxed. What made the difference were the staff, nothing was too much trouble. Every person I spoke to was warm, friendly and genuinely seemed to care and enjoy their job. Martin was particularly sweet. I stayed two nights, as a lone female the bar was very comfortable and the food excellent. I felt 'at home' very quickly.

The refreshments were great, as mentioned fresh fruit with lovely berries, pastries and scones, jam and cream. My only comment, which I fed back and it was changed, was they do cream tea at mid- morning and pastries in the afternoon. Surely it's morning pastries and afternoon tea? Perhaps it's a Warrington thing?

Can't wait to return.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank BeachBabeReading
West Yorkshire England
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at Statham Lodge last night as I have been on a training course there for 2 days. The accomodation is clean and comfortable and to a good standard. As this is an older property, obviously everything isnt brand new and some things are not 100% perfect but it is a character property and a very good one at that.

The hotel grounds really are well kept and extensive.

In my room, the training room and the bar, I received an excellent signal for the wi-fi both on my iphone and my laptop.

My room was very spacious, clean and comfortable, the bathroom was new and stylish and the white towels were very clean and of a very good standard. I particularly liked the seal around the toilet seat stating it had beern sanitised and it was spotless. I had a flat screen TV in my room, a hairdryer in the bathroom and even an iron and ironing board, not that I knew how to use this! I had a very well stocked beverages tray with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and sweets.

The food was the best I have ever had on a training course and there was plenty of it. On both days we had Freshly baked scones with jam and cream for morning coffee, 3 course lunch with a choice of steak or salmon and a beautiful cheesecake. For afternoon coffee we had fresh pastries with fresh blackberries and raspberries.

Breakfast this morning was excellent also as was the 3 course lunch and the Raspberry and cranberry sundae (in the photo) was simply awesome.

The people were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Although this was a business trip, I would not hesitate in spending time here with my partner.

Very pleased but need to go on a diet now!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 20 which was fine but nobody on our training course saidthey had a bad room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank woolleyterrier
Lymm, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We got married earlier this month (17th March) and we chose to have our reception at Statham Lodge.
Our wedding coordinator:
From the minute we began to plan our wedding, our wedding coordinator Kelly was superb. Kelly listened to what I wanted and even suggested things we hadn't thought of.
Considering it had been a year since we had first initially started discussing ideas, Kelly remembered all of what had been agreed. I have never met anyone so passionate about what they do. Kelly was one in a million and definitely has her dream job. Attention to detail and very friendly, Kelly put me completely at ease and I had no concerns that she was overseeing my day - for a control freak this is a big thing!
The staff:
The day went smoothly without a single hiccup and all of the staff were lovely and friendly. On the morning of my wedding one of the cleaners even asked me how I was feeling and that they hoped I had a lovely day, I didn't realise that they knew who I was, considering the hotel was packed with our wedding guests.
The accomodation:
The rooms were immaculate and decorated very nicely, we stayed the night before our wedding so got the opportunity to stay in a room other than the honeymoon suite.
The Wedding Breakfast:
The food was superb. Such quality and a lot of it. We didn't really feel like eating our buffet in the evening due to the amazing 3 course dinner we'd had as our wedding breakfast.
The buffet was also superb though, looked amazing and a great selection.
Breakfast:
Breakfast on both mornings was superb - the only thing I would say and it's really minor is they should add the hashbrown to the main breakfast menu as well as the veggie one. It wasn't an issue to ask for it but I am sure a lot of other guests might not realise or just won't ask.
One thing I will say for any guests planning on staying, confirm what is on at the hotel the night of your stay. We stayed the eve before the wedding, there was a function on in the main room, which meant there was some loud music till midnight which we could hear in our rooms. This wasn't an issue for us as we were still up, however, this could cause some disturbance to other guests.
Everyone who attended our wedding would love to do it all over again and didn't want it to end.
I would recommend Statham Lodge to anyone. They aren't just a hotel. They have a superb restaurant and I have been on several occasions for their amazing silver service, 3 course sunday lunch!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank DLCrick
baldock
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed on our way to yorkshire,the first thing we commented on was the hotel grounds were very tidy , and the hotel look lovely.Our room was newly decorated and spacious.The meal in the bar in the evening was a bit disapointing and we had to listen to the bar person /waiter complaning about another member of staff .Breakfast would have been nice to be greeted with a smile,both members of staff did not look happy to see or serve guests,must say the lady cleaning we met very polite and smiled!.

Room Tip: We had a room looked on to car park,we had no noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary f
Thelwall
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Their afternoon tea is THE BEST.
sitting by a roaring fire with endless tea,delicious sandwiches,yummy scones and cakes served by staff who are attentive but who don't hover....my idea of perfection!
You've tried the rest ...now go to Statham for the best!

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank TTThelwall
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had my wedding at the hotel on 20th February and can not praise the venue enough. The hotel has recently go through a refurb and all the rooms are well decorated and the hotel is really well looked after. We had the Bridal Suite but I saw the other rooms my guests had and they were newly decorated and lovely and modern and clean. I was very impressed. All staff were very friendly and Lance the wedding coordinator is fantastic. I would well recommend this hotel to anyone or to anyone for a wedding venue. Grounds are lovely and breakfast was fab. Food at the wedding reception was complimented on by EVERY guest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sarahbardsley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymm
The Lymm Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,417 reviews
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
#11 of 21 in Warrington

Been to Statham Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!