“A perfect day...”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
Lymm, United Kingdom
“A perfect day...”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We got married earlier this month (17th March) and we chose to have our reception at Statham Lodge.
Our wedding coordinator:
From the minute we began to plan our wedding, our wedding coordinator Kelly was superb. Kelly listened to what I wanted and even suggested things we hadn't thought of.
Considering it had been a year since we had first initially started discussing ideas, Kelly remembered all of what had been agreed. I have never met anyone so passionate about what they do. Kelly was one in a million and definitely has her dream job. Attention to detail and very friendly, Kelly put me completely at ease and I had no concerns that she was overseeing my day - for a control freak this is a big thing!
The staff:
The day went smoothly without a single hiccup and all of the staff were lovely and friendly. On the morning of my wedding one of the cleaners even asked me how I was feeling and that they hoped I had a lovely day, I didn't realise that they knew who I was, considering the hotel was packed with our wedding guests.
The accomodation:
The rooms were immaculate and decorated very nicely, we stayed the night before our wedding so got the opportunity to stay in a room other than the honeymoon suite.
The Wedding Breakfast:
The food was superb. Such quality and a lot of it. We didn't really feel like eating our buffet in the evening due to the amazing 3 course dinner we'd had as our wedding breakfast.
The buffet was also superb though, looked amazing and a great selection.
Breakfast:
Breakfast on both mornings was superb - the only thing I would say and it's really minor is they should add the hashbrown to the main breakfast menu as well as the veggie one. It wasn't an issue to ask for it but I am sure a lot of other guests might not realise or just won't ask.
One thing I will say for any guests planning on staying, confirm what is on at the hotel the night of your stay. We stayed the eve before the wedding, there was a function on in the main room, which meant there was some loud music till midnight which we could hear in our rooms. This wasn't an issue for us as we were still up, however, this could cause some disturbance to other guests.
Everyone who attended our wedding would love to do it all over again and didn't want it to end.
I would recommend Statham Lodge to anyone. They aren't just a hotel. They have a superb restaurant and I have been on several occasions for their amazing silver service, 3 course sunday lunch!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank DLCrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
baldock
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed on our way to yorkshire,the first thing we commented on was the hotel grounds were very tidy , and the hotel look lovely.Our room was newly decorated and spacious.The meal in the bar in the evening was a bit disapointing and we had to listen to the bar person /waiter complaning about another member of staff .Breakfast would have been nice to be greeted with a smile,both members of staff did not look happy to see or serve guests,must say the lady cleaning we met very polite and smiled!.

Room Tip: We had a room looked on to car park,we had no noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary f
Thelwall
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Their afternoon tea is THE BEST.
sitting by a roaring fire with endless tea,delicious sandwiches,yummy scones and cakes served by staff who are attentive but who don't hover....my idea of perfection!
You've tried the rest ...now go to Statham for the best!

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank TTThelwall
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had my wedding at the hotel on 20th February and can not praise the venue enough. The hotel has recently go through a refurb and all the rooms are well decorated and the hotel is really well looked after. We had the Bridal Suite but I saw the other rooms my guests had and they were newly decorated and lovely and modern and clean. I was very impressed. All staff were very friendly and Lance the wedding coordinator is fantastic. I would well recommend this hotel to anyone or to anyone for a wedding venue. Grounds are lovely and breakfast was fab. Food at the wedding reception was complimented on by EVERY guest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sarahbardsley
Warrington, Cheshire
Reviewed December 30, 2011

For the umpteenth year we went to the Statham Lodge for our Christmas party, and it was just as consistent as previous years. There were 10 of us booked in for the Christmas Dinner Dance on Saturday, 17th December along with an awful lot of other people!

The function room was beautifully decorated with baubles danging on cords from the ceiling and blue balloons, and despite the number of people we had plenty of room on our table.

We had a four course meal and apart from a couple of disappointing starters the food was really good and plentiful. The staff as always seemed highly organised in serving and clearing each course, and checked that we were happy with everything before leaving us to enjoy the meal.

All of the staff that we encountered were really polite and when we advised the maitree de that all of our party had arrived and that we were ready to eat, we were very professionally shown to our table.

It is the standard of food and the atmosphere at the Statham's christmas parties that keep us going back. It's a beautiful hotel in a rural location, and always well presented and cared for. Our only feedback would be that the car park was a bit icy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Suesreview
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My daughter had her wedding here and we stayed a few nights, every thing top shop, been to expensive hotels but this place is a must, food terific, staff from domestic, waiting on, reception, management and all involved are proffesional and thoughtfull, you won't get better. Whatever youre occassion you will be treated excellently, mentioned before staff and food you won't beat. I am going back to stay, if you stay here i think you will to. Wedding from wedding planner Lance (A Must) to the local registrar fantasic (A Must), went with a dream, every thought of for your occassion, just relax don't worry, they will have it sorted to a T. Can't impose on you how good Stathom Lodge is, give it a try, for any occassion.

Eddie & Sue Liverpool, not that old but been around. in the review it only gives excellent but believe me it's much more!

Room Tip: We Stayed in the Byron suit excellent!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Eddie050
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed at the Statham Lodge many many times over the last 12 months and have never had a bad experience on any stay in fact every time I have stayed has been perfect. The rooms vary but are always clean and bright, the internet always works and the showers always work.

The bar and restaurant are excellent the food is very good and meals are large.

The staff are very very good and always helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is anything from a full english or continental choices and is extremely high quality, fresh and prefectly cooked.

I highly recommend the Statham Lodge to anyone considering staying in the area.

Room Tip: Every room is good there are suites available which are very good
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank eddieh1957
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymm
The Lymm Hotel
#13 of 21 in Warrington
pentahotel Warrington
pentahotel Warrington
#5 of 21 in Warrington

Been to Statham Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!