“lovely visit.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Lymm
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I went to the coffee house for lunch with my daughter after she had recommended it to me. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. Lots of lovely choice on the menu for lunch and a great choice of coffees and other drinks. The food was beautiful and nicely presented. The coffee house itself has a lovely comfy feel about it and plenty of seating, theres a courtyard off to the side if you want to eat outside on a sunny day. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Had heard a lot of good stuff & the food I had was nice (Cajun chicken Caesar salad) but the overwhelming smell of a strong disinfectant was very off putting. We could see an overflowing cupboard (with brush, mops, coats etc) that looked untidy. Service was slower than I'd expect as it wasn't busy. Floors under tables were left v messy & they talked them selves out of more money from me by bringing the bill as soon as they'd cleared the plates. No upsell or check backs and as I'm a sucker for coffee & cake it's a shame I wasn't offered.
I'd like to think it was an off day as I have friends that rave about it.

4  Thank Sarah L
chips9099, Owner at The Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your visit to the Coffee House but very sorry we failed to impress you on this occasion. We very rarely comment on reviews, as you can probably see, but I thought that considering how many issues you had upon your visit, it was best I investigated further to try and find out more.

It would be extremely helpful if you could give me the exact day, date and approximate time you visited, it would mean we can look at your comments further and find out if there is something we need to act on to ensure we don't fail like this again.

I would like to comment on some of your points however and see if I can shed some light on any areas.

Firstly glad you enjoyed your food with us. We work very hard to source quality produce. The particular item you had would most likely have been sourced from the markets that morning, prepared in the kitchen and served to you with our own home made dressings. By the sounds of it however you never got to try our coffee?! a real shame considering we are known probably best for it, again this is sourced locally and roasted just days before we serve!!

I am unsure how to comment with regards to the smell of disinfectant. Yes we clean our shop with various bleaches, floor gels, surface cleaners etc so i suppose that yes it is possible there could be a smell of cleaning product. I suppose it is a good sign that we do clean our premises however! It would again be interesting to see if this is something you experienced early in the day or later, we may need to consider changing floor products if its leaving an overpowering smell through the day.

With regards to your comments regarding mess on the floors we do brush and mop our floors every single night of the year. Again knowing what day and time you visited could help us establish whether this is due to a busy period before you were in or just a lack of care on our part. We do have a small cupboard which houses various supplies and due to how busy we are it will always be filled with items. This is are only store room for the entire building and it is behind a door, it's not our intention to have it open as a sight for customers but not really sure what we can do to stop you seeing it if we need to access it for whatever reason.

Your final point regarding presentation of the bill concerns me massively. I don't understand how you have received a bill without explicitly asking a member of staff for it. Honestly, one of the best features about our business is there is absolutely no pressure to leave before you are ready, many will rush you out the moment you finish and this is not what we are about. Also we don't pressure sell, if you would like something further simply ask us. We have extremely receptive to customers needs and will always try, where possible, to go the extra mile.

It would be really appreciated if you could contact me back to help me look into your comments further.

chris@coffeehouseonline.co.uk

It is only with feedback like your own that we can strive to be the best at what we do and without further information your comments would unfortunately be able to go to no further use.

Best Regards,

Chris

Reviewed May 21, 2014

New to the menu and tasted home made, the best veggie bean burger eaten in a long time! Just hope it stays on the menu!

With a great choice of speciality teas as well as coffee, I can highly recommend.

Service always great too

Reviewed May 17, 2014

A lovely warm and sunny day in the pretty little village of Lymm it was great to come across this wonderful little gem. They have a small outside space which was just wonderful to sit out in the sun with great food and drinks. The guys were really pleasant, efficient and it was a real pleasure to be a customer of a The Coffee House in Lymm. Anyone who lives nearby should definitely call in and support this business, travellers to Lymm could do no better than give their custom to this very good establishment. I look forward to my next visit. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great service,fantastic food with lots of choice and superb coffee! Staff are always friendly and helpful and will definitely be returning very soon!

1  Thank Klb632014