“Fab!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fab!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Good food love the decor even pets allowed if on a lead, meals are well presented and staff are
helpfull, plenty to look at and buy more than just a garden centre.

Lymm, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Food was fab!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Popped in with my mum to see if they had any quirky Christmas decorations, decided to eat. Tables went very clean but the waiter promptly changed out table cloth & took our drinks order! Very friendly. We sat outside it was a little cold but he moved the outdoor heater for us. Drinks took a little while, but I understand inside was cram packed!
We had a turkey dinner each, I must say it was the nicest turkey dinner I've had! Delicious! We had no room for desserts, but the menu looked yummy!
I aggree with other reviews the place has gone a little run down and seems to be lacking the quirky charm it used to. But it was raining and everything looks rather drab in the rain!I live round the corner from this place so been many times. However I understand they are having financial difficulty as the staff informed me and the place is now up for sale. So I understand previous reviews, perhaps the staff are a little disheartened.
But food was so nice, I may even try to get another turkey dinner in this weekend before Christmas! :0)

Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trinkets & treasures”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I don't live far away and enjoy a look around. I usually pop in for a Trinket or a little treasure (that's what my little girl calls them). I love the bracelets and jewellery which are at a price that make wonderful gifts for the children's teachers at the end of terms. I do miss looking around the reclaim items though, we loved going at weekends.

Altrincham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Quirky place to eat with odd surroundings”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Always good food and good portions, service can be a little slow at very busy times but always worth the wait. Desserts are to die for

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Marie B
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Shocking food, total lack of customer service, rude manageress and an uncaring owner”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have never written a review and apologies for the length. But I felt very much obliged to alert and warn others about this establishment...

We attended this shocking place on Monday 10th December. We organised a Christmas lunch with our family who had come from York and Shropshire in the Willowpool tea rooms. We were a party of six and our booking was made for 2:00pm. Meeting the family for pre Christmas lunch, is an annual event for us.

They advertised a Christmas lunch for either 2 courses or 4. We chose the 4 courses option at £19.95 each. On their Christmas leaflet, it stated that we had to pre-order the food with at least 7 days notice. We duly did so. On arrival, the place was nicely decorated, and we were directed to our table.

1st clue of things to come.
No drinks menu on the table, 6 Christmas crackers literally thrown across it and knives and fork were positioned wrongly. Not too much to worry, since it is a tea room, we let it go.

Sat at our table for 25 mins, when my partner had to get up and fetch someone to take our drinks orders. Drinks arrived 35 mins after our arrival.

The table was wobbly, we asked 3 times for something to fix it with and were totally ignored. We used their very cheap and nasty crackers to fix it.

Drinks finally arrived and clue No 2, they couldn't get a simply order of drinks right. 45 mins since arrival.

Water came with 6 very dirty glasses and had to ask twice to please provide us with clean glasses.

After 45 mins of our arrival, finally the starters arrived. This was the only nice thing of the whole experience. Pâté, soup and salmon parcels, really nice.

Then another eternity for the main course to arrive. Finally, 3 lamb shanks arrived, 2 not edible, so tough we were unable to slice the meat of the bone at all!!! One was semi edible. 2 turkey dinners, less than average, and a very dried salmon.

Our guests did not want to make a fuss and simply did not touch the lamb shanks, however, my partner did advise a waiter of the situation and another lamb shank was offered.

So far, not too bad, it is not a gourmet restaurant and it is in a middle, of what would appear to be a junk yard, so no high expectations. Also, anyone can make a mistake.

Second lamb shank arrived, and guess what!? Tougher than the first one!!! FATAL, FATAL error!! After getting a complaint, why would the Chef send out a meal that was actually worst than the first one and without checking it!? Amateur and school boy error.

After having complained another waiter lightly apologised and a round of drinks on the house was offered. This consisted on 3 cokes and 2 glasses of wine. And guess what!? The complimentary drinks took a further 15mins to arrive!!!!

Dessert: well, after the main course fiasco, we still had to wait for another 25 mins for 2 trifles and 4 Christmas puddings!!!!! Taste? Very average indeed.

We still had our final 4 course to complete this utter misey, coffee and mince pies. By the time these were due, we were truly fed up, disgusted with the lack of service and just wanted to leave the place and never go back again! We decided not to wait for the last course. Besides the place had emptied and there were several waitresses with their coats on waiting for us to leave. Needless to say, we felt we were being chucked out and got up and left.
We eventually left at 4.15 pm. The garden centre was in total darkness and all but 2 shops were closed. Our intention of wanting to show our guests round, had been totally ruined.

My partner and I stayed behind to pay the bill. We managed to speak to Sheryl, the manageress who was very apologetic. I became upset as it was an embarrassing situation with our family, having dragged them from different parts of the country for this total fiasco.

Although, Sheryl was very apologetic, she clearly had no autonomy or decision making powers as she had to keep ringing "her boss" for guidance.

Result? 2 lamb shanks refunded, and a round of drinks. We agreed to pay the amount of over £100 because we just wanted to leave but we clearly stated we were not happy.

When we arrived home, we called the tea room as we wanted to express how unhappy we were about the food, treatment and outcome. My partner offered to go back to the tea room to meet the boss and give him the opportunity to redeem himself as this is a place we have been before and wanted, in spite of everything, to go back there again. He was supposed to have called us and he didn't even bother to do so. Clearly, not interested in knowing how his staff had just ruined our Christmas annual event.

This morning, my partner tried to speak to "the boss" to query why nobody had rung back as agreed. The manageress answered and even though she runs the place, nothing was her fault. She was extremely rude, obnoxious and damn ignorant. My partner reminded the manageress how patient and understanding we had been up until now, She kept repeating how they had refunded the 2 lamb shanks, but what she seemed to have forgotten was that she was NOT doing us a favour, but it was our right to get our money back!! We didn't eat it!! As at the time of writing,no one has rung us back. Appalling meal, service, and treatment. Having been to this establishment on numerous occasions we will never revisit again. If we could allocate 0 out of 5 we would.

9 Thank Cosita63