“Delightful place with fine food”
Review of Cibo Restaurant - CLOSED

Cibo Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Restaurant Now Has New Owners - Cibo Restaurant Group It Will Still Be An Italian Restaurant
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had heard that this was one of the Marco Marco restaurants happily the new owners have set about creating their own reputation. We shared a wonderful starter with assorted breads & a reasonably priced bottle of wine and relaxed into a wonderful evening. The place is tastefully decorated with space between tables for a little privacy, our waitress was attentive and ensured we had everything we needed. Our mains were delightfully cooked & presented - all in all we had a great time and will back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went here with my partner for lunch as I couldn't resist the 2 meals for £10 offer. We did have starters, Myself Gambas which was served sizzling and tasted delicious definitely the best Gambas in Lymm by far. My Partner had Sauteed mushroom which was superb. For mains I opted for the very original spag bol it was very tasty but not quite saucy enough for me. However I was pleased that my food wasn't smothered in tarragon and oregano herbs like so many Italian chefs do. I find those herbs overpower the flavor and smell of the food. My partner went for the Gamberoni which I tried and decided I'd definitely have that next time very very tasty indeed. The whole atmosphere was great, The waiter was very polite and helpful and made for a relaxing friendly visit. I really enjoyed it at cibo and I will be visiting more often.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went with my wife and daughter . Been before but now new owners and branding. Old Marco branding still there though. Tuesday night, four other tables but no atmosphere at all. Service fast but in experienced, had to ask for a wine list! Food bland, antipasti sharing platter all olives, four bits of salami, sundried tomatoes and a slice of bread. Seafood pizza, no flavour, 3 prawns and 3 bits of calamari . Never go there again. Can't see it lasting too long

1  Thank Gavotte1
Reviewed October 6, 2013

With a limited menu, i ordered minestrone soup for a starter. This tasted like it had been seasoned with sugar rather than salt making it taste literally like a bottle of ketchup. I ordered lasagne for a main it looked excellent but had no flavour what so ever. I wont go agin.

2  Thank Guytwin
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have just got back from a meal at Cibo. We booked having not been before but were not disappointed. The food was absolutely excellent and very well presented. The staff were attentive but not obtrusive. The surroundings were very pleasant. All in all we had a lovely meal and will definitely return.