“Getting back on track...”
Review of Golden Fleece

Golden Fleece
Ranked #17 of 37 Restaurants in Lymm
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Lymm, United Kingdom
“Getting back on track...”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've lived in the village for almost 20 years and have been going to the Fleece on and off over the years. We've seen some change of management over the years, but the new landlady seems lovely, even the staff are raving about her.

I must admit, I wasn't a fan of the last landlady, my husband and I have been going there for years and she was nothing but rude to us on all occasions.

Linda (I think) with the blond hair and glasses is great, as is the younger barmaid with the dark bob hair who recently got married is a gem and credit to the pub.

• Visited November 2013

Warrington, United Kingdom
“golden fleece”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Big well done to the new landlady doing a really good job , its a pleasure to eat there top marks from me x

• Visited September 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience as always”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was rather horrified by what willis386 has put, did they visit a different establishment to me??!!!
I have never had a bad experience in there in all the years I have been going there.
The new landlady is I agree lovely, as for the attack on the previous landlady is atrocious!!
She wasn't rude nor lacking in manners, she was fair and to the point which nowadays in a pub is/ was refreshing. She tolerated no bad behaviour, swearing or anything that was unsuitable and I was very thankful of that it made each and every visit there welcoming.
Always finding time to come over to talk to our party no matter how busy the pub was. I disagree completely that the pub needed turning around.
I wish the previous landlady well in what ever new adventure she is now in, if she is still in the hospitality business of the pub trade then someone please let me know, as I would love to see her again and try the new pub.
Who ever wrote that review had obviously offended the customers, staff or landlady and thought the best way of getting back at her was to write this review, obviously this person is lacking in intelligence as what has been said is an attack on the pub not her in person.
I can see that obviously you are not a person who supports the Golden Fleece regularly as the landlady you are verbally insulting left months ago. If you had such a problem you would have addressed it sooner!

• Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Certainly not the best by along way.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

On my last visit with friends for lunch. We were kept waiting almost an hour for our food. Would never be my 1st choice to go there but went along with friends who had never been before. If its decent quality simple food u are after then dnnt go! Far better in lymm.

• Visited May 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Fleece, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear yates892, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the level of service in the restaurant was not up to our usual standards. Your comments have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team. Regards, John Barras
“Needs shutting down”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Worse place in the hole of the uk let alone lymm food staff management hell hole of a place any one who says over wise must be an employe !!!

• Visited October 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Fleece, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Willis386, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear feedback regarding the Golden Fleece. I can confirm that your comments have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team. Kind Regards, John Barras