“Lovely experience as always”
Review of Golden Fleece

Golden Fleece
Ranked #18 of 39 Restaurants in Lymm
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was rather horrified by what willis386 has put, did they visit a different establishment to me??!!!
I have never had a bad experience in there in all the years I have been going there.
The new landlady is I agree lovely, as for the attack on the previous landlady is atrocious!!
She wasn't rude nor lacking in manners, she was fair and to the point which nowadays in a pub is/ was refreshing. She tolerated no bad behaviour, swearing or anything that was unsuitable and I was very thankful of that it made each and every visit there welcoming.
Always finding time to come over to talk to our party no matter how busy the pub was. I disagree completely that the pub needed turning around.
I wish the previous landlady well in what ever new adventure she is now in, if she is still in the hospitality business of the pub trade then someone please let me know, as I would love to see her again and try the new pub.
Who ever wrote that review had obviously offended the customers, staff or landlady and thought the best way of getting back at her was to write this review, obviously this person is lacking in intelligence as what has been said is an attack on the pub not her in person.
I can see that obviously you are not a person who supports the Golden Fleece regularly as the landlady you are verbally insulting left months ago. If you had such a problem you would have addressed it sooner!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

On my last visit with friends for lunch. We were kept waiting almost an hour for our food. Would never be my 1st choice to go there but went along with friends who had never been before. If its decent quality simple food u are after then dnnt go! Far better in lymm.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Fleece, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear yates892, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the level of service in the restaurant was not up to our usual standards. Your comments have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team. Regards, John Barras

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Worse place in the hole of the uk let alone lymm food staff management hell hole of a place any one who says over wise must be an employe !!!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Fleece, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Willis386, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear feedback regarding the Golden Fleece. I can confirm that your comments have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team. Kind Regards, John Barras

Reviewed September 24, 2013

my husband and i went for a meal and chose the light bites, the gammon and scampi were very good, the price was very reasonable, staff very friendly, we`ll be back, very good value

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Took my Dad here for fathers day and I came again last week for dinner. I did pre-book a table the night before just to be on the safe side and I'm glad I did. Lots of people who hadn't pre-booked were causing a nuisance for the staff who were trying their best and stayed polite in the faces of those shouting at them. It was extremely busy but we weren't kep waiting for food. The menu is priced perfectly and the food tastes fresh and flavoursome. I really enjoyed the atmosphere the staff make you feel so welcome. I will be back again for sure but one very some thing...please sort those toilets out, I don't know about the men's but the women's are in a shockingly dated state.