“Would rather walk to the village pubs!!”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Lymm
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crown is situated on the outskirts of the village of Lymm, in Cheshire and has recently undergone a major refurbishment after the purchase of the building by JWLees in December. The refurbishment has restored the popular local to its former glory and it now takes its place as one of six pubs across the Cheshire countryside run by the Broadoak pub company. Just half a mile from Lymm Dam, there are many beautiful country walks nearby. The pub is modern with a relaxed but traditional ambiance and a real open fire in the bar area, it is the perfect place to unwind with family and friends over a bottle of wine from our extensive selection. We boast an attractive beer garden and our dining area accommodates approximately 50 covers. Our food menu is sourced from local business to give you the best in fresh food.Come and visit this Lymm gem soon and you will be warmly welcomed by Karen and the teams . Sky Sports & BT are also available for all your sporting interests in the bar area.
United Kingdom
“Would rather walk to the village pubs!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Greene King pubs as a rule offer a reasonable selection of beers and very good value wines by the glass or bottle with a standard food menu in all their pubs so you know what you are getting when you see the Greene King sign. However, the Crown seems to have lost it's way, personally I would rather walk to the central village pubs. Bar service in the last 2 years has been really hit and miss, if the kitchen is busy then no chance!! I have walked out rather than wait 10 mins!. a complaint raised by many friends. There was a very good Thursay quiz with quiz master which was replaced and one of the staff used, was this cost reduction excercise? because it lost my custom to another village pub. In the current climate of pubs fighting for customers, I am surprised that the bar service was seen as secondary to the kitchen, I appreciate that the Manager has targets to meet but losing bar revenue also means losing kitchen orders because I have eaten in the Crown many times and I am sure that I am not the only ex customer.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Steve H

Seymour, Australia
“Delicious and lovely.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had a fantastic meal here with friends and family. From what our local friends said, the menu has been given an overhaul, and the food quality has shot up to match. At decent prices, it all tasted great. My sister raved over the breaded garlic mushrooms, and the coleslaw we got with our mains was delicious.

The interior of the pub was decorated for Christmas and very pretty, with a relaxed, quiet atmosphere as it wasn't too busy. Would definitely recommend it to others, and go again myself if I wasn't back home across the planet!

• Visited November 2013
shropshire
“Poor”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Luke warm drinks Luke warm food long. wait (no other customers) won't be going back which is a shame as I've always enjoyed it there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank lesley49Shropshire
Cheshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely warm welcome by staff.”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had our Christmas 3 course meal here today with friends. The pub was decorated well and felt very festive. Staff couldnt do enough for us and credit to him as he was working the bar and serving food. We all had made different choices and nobody was dissapointed with the menu. We were served with a smile and all were made to feel welcome. Thanks so much and compliments to the chef and staff of the crown. We will be back soon.

• Visited December 2013
Lymm, United Kingdom
“Give the Crown a visit...”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

4 of us visited the Crown last week and I have to say the service and food was really good! We had good service from the lovely Irish girl who works there and the food was excellent. To get 4 meals for £20 was a bonus.
I would add that over the years we have eaten in the Crown and found the food has always been good.
My mum and her friends go in the Crown at least/twice once a month and find the food lovely, the service good and great value.
Give the Crown a visit...

• Visited October 2013