“Food was undercooked and very disappointing”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Lymm
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crown is situated on the outskirts of the village of Lymm, in Cheshire and has recently undergone a major refurbishment after the purchase of the building by JWLees in December. The refurbishment has restored the popular local to its former glory and it now takes its place as one of six pubs across the Cheshire countryside run by the Broadoak pub company. Just half a mile from Lymm Dam, there are many beautiful country walks nearby. The pub is modern with a relaxed but traditional ambiance and a real open fire in the bar area, it is the perfect place to unwind with family and friends over a bottle of wine from our extensive selection. We boast an attractive beer garden and our dining area accommodates approximately 50 covers. Our food menu is sourced from local business to give you the best in fresh food.Come and visit this Lymm gem soon and you will be warmly welcomed by Karen and the teams . Sky Sports & BT are also available for all your sporting interests in the bar area.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live close to the Crown and had been sorely disappointed about a month previously so thought we'd go and try again and see if it had improved. Sadly the food was worse than the last time when the chef was so keen to exit before,his allotted finish time which meant we didn't actually eat at all. This time the chef 'made' a starter which was nachos and it had all,the hallmarks of,having been chucked in the microwave with a dollop of,cheese and some sliced jalapeño, quite tasteless and the nachos tasted burnt. The main courses were just about cooked but the chips were barely edible. What a shame as the waitress was really nice and very attentive as was the barmaid. It's about time they start employing a real chef and then there might be some hope as its a good menu

2  Thank Petal0570

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Well im first to admit being from Lymm the Crown is not always my first choice for eating out, It was my mums birthday today and we decided to have a walk to the crown to try the new menu. Credit to the Crown the meal / service / price was that good its encouraged me to write a review, and having visited many restaurants and pubs over the years this is the first review i have ever wrote. The food was really good, well cooked and tastey, the service was warm and friendly, and the total bill was a nice surprise. I will be going back to the Crown more often than I have. Great food and very affordable, what more could you ask for.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Came for lunch on Mother's Day with my mum and her mum. Had to wait 30 minutes for our food to arrive and when it did mine came out wrong so they took it back to replace the chips with a jacket potato which they said would take just 5minutes. Half an hour later my meal still hadn't arrived and everyone else had finished their meal. I got offered a free drink which I don't feel was sufficient enough so asked to knock my meal off the bill. When my meal did arrive the jacket potato wasn't cooked, the steak was dry and the peas were shrivelled (obviously been placed under the hot plate) very disappointing as the food is usually very nice but due to this happening I won't be eating there again!!

1  Thank Amy383
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The crown had face paints on an entertainer was their doing magic and made all the children balloons and to top the christmas fun off father christmas came and all the children got a present i took both of my children and my little brothers and they had such fun. It was so thoughtful to put on such a wonderful night for all. I had a beautiful hunters chicken no bbq sauce chips and salad. My daughters also had free food which the pub also put on. I spent around 15 on my own food a drink and desserts. Overall 5 stars without a doubt i have returned their ever since and plan to do so every month. Its a shame some people have to single the staff out as i truly believe its a well presented and welcoming pub. Great food and all staff were friendly and polite including blonde tracey and great value for money.

1  Thank Vickyfoster
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

after reading the previous reviews I was pleasently surprised to find that The Crown in Lymm far exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was lovely, warm and friendly. The staff professional and attentive. the chef, a young man, even came personally to speak to us when an one of the meals we had ordered was not available. The food by the way was lovely. I am so glad I didn,t take the advise of other reviews. If I had i would have missed out on a hidden gem in Lymm. I will certainly b going back.

1  Thank Joan S