“Remains first class in every way + cook book”
Review of La Boheme

La Boheme
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Lymm
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014

La Boheme continues to be consistent in the quality of food, variety and service. I have been on feast days, holidays, weekdays and weekends and never had a problem, in fact last week they undercharged me (1 full meal missed off) and as I wanted to return I pointed it out to the waitress, bit disappointed my honesty didn't get me at least a glass of plonk but that's not why I told them.

I notice a previous reviewer has tried to buy the recipe book, it's very good and mine is almost worn out through use, all the recipes I have tried work, although bits can be a bit vague and there are some errors e.g. The Poulet A La Bourguignone suggests adding a pound of pancetta now I like pancetta but .." And the tarte au citron coulis de framboise a asks for a 3.75 cm deep tart ring but doesn't give a diameter. No complaints though made some excellent food.g

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited La Boheme on a few special occasions now and it appears it will be our place of choice for the future too!

The food here is to die for! Absolutely faultless! The menu is full of unusual great tasting food. The portions are just enough and each time we think we can manage 3 courses and fail or leave stuffed!

The staff are all friendly and attentive and the service is fast and consistent. The restaurant is small but has a great atmosphere and is nicely presented.

100% recommended :)

1  Thank HolidayReviewer12
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have enjoyed another great lunch at La Boheme today with friends . The quality of the food is wonderful and the menu extensive . The service is always warm and friendly without any needless fuss . This is a special place and Lymm is lucky to have it . Olivier came to have a friendly chat with us after our meal before returning to the kitchen to start the evening prep. A great place to eat .

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having eaten here many times I decided to review the restaurant. The food is v good and the range in excellent. We came as a party of 5 for a Sunday afternoon. The total bill was about £120 with drinks. In my opinion you pay about £4 per head more than a good pub but the food is a mile higher. Atmosphere has always been good and the staff are excellent. I will keep going back...

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The place was empty one afternoon and we arrived apparently 30 mins before they close and had travelled from the other side of Manchester but to be turned away without first asking the chef on a quiet afternoon was strange to me would have thought they would have wanted the business but glad they did as welcomed at the excellent Jolly Thresher but having already tried Elma's and loved it wanted to try this place but not impressed with attitude of staff ... I won't be back

1  Thank BangkokBill786