“One of the best”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have read some of the reviews that comment on this restaurant for its elderly well heeled elderly clientel and for the atmosphere being stuffy!

I went with three female friends we think we are neither well heeled or stuffy and certaily not in our bath chairs .It was actually very pleasant to be able to talk to one another without having to shout over the often sickening' piped in"music .The service was excellent though busy and the food was excelent and we all agreed on that

Just reluctant to recommend too highly in case we can't get a booking next time we go.One of the best restaurant in the Altrincham area which in my humble opinion is bereft of good eating places

1  Thank flowersdancing
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I visited on a very busy Sunday afternoon, the extensive menu was priced at 3 courses for £20, fantastic value for money. I chose deep fried goat's cheese with red onions in balsamic dressing, roast and confit duck with cherries, dauphinoise potatoes and vegetables and plum crumble with ginger ice cream, all courses were absolutely delicious and well presented. My husband picked the oxtail pudding followed by slow cooked shredded lamb in puff pastry with diced potatoes and root vegetables, finishing off with treacle tart for dessert, he loved every mouthful! The house Merlot was reasonably priced and served at the right temperature. The service was excellent, efficient and friendly. No complaints or negative comments at all and we booked a return visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited for Sunday lunch with my good lady wife (03/02) I do not wish to be too critical because the skill and quality of the cooking stands far beyond most restaurants in Cheshire. However I have worked in the catering business for some 20 years and would like to make just a few points that I hope they will take on board.
Firstly waitresses should really be wearing skirts at knee level if your trying to portray a respectable front of house, and the Chap who seemed to be in charge could have tucked his shirt in and done with a shave. We did find the ambiance a little stuffy, the background music was extremely low probably so the mainly well heeled elderly clientele could hear each other.
Please don't get me wrong the meal was excellent and the service okay, we just feel that La Boheme have targeted their market clientele and will make allowances for them which runs the risk of being left behind by deterring other potential new customers. I would like to end by stating that my wife and I are in our 40s and felt as if we were gate crashing a Darby & Joan Club.

3  Thank Chrisyb11
Reviewed February 3, 2013

High quality food, well presented. Extremely reasonable prices (£40 per head including drinks, wine and 10% tip) for 2 1/2 courses (only 2 of the 4 had deserts!). Service good despite restaurant being very busy.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been many times to this restaurant and it never fails to impress me! Service and food are always good. Ten of us met up and we had a great night!