“Been to better”

Jahan - Lymm
Ranked #25 of 37 Restaurants in Lymm
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
England
“Been to better”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited Jahan a few days ago as a group of four. I am a real curry lover and have visited curry houses throughout the world. This one was exceedingly average .
The place was pretty empty when we visited, and to be honest I can understand why.
We thought the service was fairly poor, particularly given the high (ish) price.
There is an indian takeaway in Lymm called Bhajis.....The food there is far far better !!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Smoothyb

Lymm, England, United Kingdom
“Make sure you have plenty of funds available on your card...”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lymm is served by two Indian restaurants and this is the better of the two – but that’s not to say I’d wholeheartedly recommend it. Living in the village, we have been here a few times – but more because it’s on our doorstep rather than anything else.

Make sure you have plenty of funds available on your card as you’ll need them.. The food is average but your bill will be high – especially if you dare to have a drink or two!

Watch out also if you order popadums...they charge something like £1 for each one – PLUS - £1 per person for each of the 3 pickle / chutney trays they bring out (whether you ask for them or not)... so for two people having one popadum each, that’s £8 before you even start!

On our latest visit we ordered a main each, shared 1 portion of boiled rice and 1 plain Nan. Two pints of Cobra each and the bill was £48. The portions are not particularly large either. At this price it’s no wonder that the place is never busy.

In all fairness, we've never experienced bad or unfriendly service here. I think the staff are quite nice – and that’s the only reason we do visit from time to time. We did comment to the Manager some time ago that it was a bit expensive and the reply was “Well, this is Lymm....”

I think that says it all really!

1 Thank Ian J
“What a joke place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I never leave reviews but felt that I must after my recent meal with some friends. We entered the restaurant to see one other couple in there, never a good sign! But one I can understand after "eating" there, the people who work there are incredibly rude and unhelpful, the food is distinctly average at best and well over priced. Without doubt the worst meal and experience I've ever had!! Avoid avoid avoid

“Bad food Bad Service”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant the night before I was due to go on holiday. Upon entering the restaurant I sensed an unwelcoming and unpleasant atmosphere. The waiters seemed disappointed we had come in to eat. They were rude and unhelpful. I ordered the king prawns......I never made my flight the following morning due to severe food poisoning. I would NOT recommend anybody to dine in this farce of a restaurant.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“good food in a dated enviroment”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

the décor of the restaurant is dated but the food was okay. I went on a monday and it was dead, the staff were friendly. The toilet smelt funny.

Visited May 2013