“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

On business with a couple of colleagues but not staying at Lymm Hotel. Popped in for a meal and watch England go out of the World Cup. Could not have been looked after any better. Great food, table service for drinks. Very friendly, welcoming and personable.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jonvom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I must admit I was a little put off by one or two of the reviews but, from experience, know that this can sometimes be misleading. Our first stay was faultless - from the friendly reception staff, very helpful evening bar and restaurant staff (who delivered excellent service even thought we were the last diners in) through to the excellent fresh cooked breakfast and super friendly and efficient waiters and waitresses who served it. The decor is in keeping with the age of the hotel, bed was comfy and rooms very clean. I booked a second stay on the strength of this and wasn't disappointed second time around. Just take some of the reviews with a pinch of salt - I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels all over the world and must say I was more than happy with the Lymm Hotel and will be staying again.

Room Tip: Room 201 is on the top floor and has a big bathroom but can get warm and there is a little bit of tr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Arthurlee1
Liverpool
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Lymm is a great little place for an overnight stay with some lovely restaurants. There are only two hotels in Lymm and this hotel is by far the most convenient of the two. It's just a few minutes walk into the centre of the village.

We have stayed here many times over the last 12 years and it doesn't really change. it is very clean with professional staff. Bathrooms are in need of an update as they remain very 70's/80's in style but as long as you get a good deal,price wise, it's doesn't matter if you have to live with a green bathroom suite !!

It is somewhat inconvenient to have to walk from the adjoining room blocks to the main building containing the restaurant, especially if it's raining, but breakfast is really good at this hotel.It is always freshly cooked and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere at breakfast time.

There is ample free parking which is a bonus, within a minutes walk of reception.

It's probably not a great place for those of limited mobility or wheelchair users as there is no lift and quite a few steps around the buildings.

To sum up I would recommend The Lymm Hotel as long as the price is sensible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building if you don't want to have to walk across the car park to the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DingleDaisy
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review and it was lovely to see you back with us. I was glad that you enjoyed your stay and I noticed that you picked up on our strong points. The location - easy distance to the motorway and the centre of the village a short walk away - made full use of our complimentary car parking and the breakfast which is always very well received by our guests.
Thank you for your comment about our professional team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Here as part of an event group, admittedly I never expect much of chain hotel food. However the food here is genuinely awful. A fish cake that resembles a findus crispy pancake, followed by chicken (very dry) and mashed potato that tasted suspiciously like it may have been filled out with Smash left me hungry. So I forced myself to have dessert. The single worst dessert I have ever encountered. A flat patty of moist and heavy toffee sponge, topped with an indescribably thick and unctuous toffee sauce. Topped with strawberry (?) ice cream. Most unpleasant and really very disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank RBeattie
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I was very disappointed to read that you were not impressed by the quality of the meal that you had for your dinner. It has been brought to my attention that the unfortunately the whole group sat down much later than anticipated in the evening and this did impact on the meal. We do normally get very good comments about our responsibly sourced food and it is in this area that we do stand out in the market.
It was good to read that you were satisfied with your overnight stay and breakfast and found the location very beneficial.

Travelers are raving about these Lymm hotels

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed for one night at The Lymm as part of a group of 24 for a 90th birthday event. My partner and I had a very nice, well appointed room in the main building, which was very clean and comfortable and not at all tired in decor.

The birthday do was well organised and served by a good humoured and friendly staff and I thought the food was excellent. Breakfast the following morning was tasty, well cooked and plentiful.

My only criticisms were that the hotel was fiercely overheated and that ending breakfast service at 10am on a Sunday is a little too early.........resulting in an extremely over-busy dining room between 9.30 and 10 and a frantic gallop to breakfast after a late night!

Room Tip: Think the main house seems like the best bet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tobykizzy
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words in your review, though I would like to think that it is not a surprise when you come to a hotel within the Macdonald group.
It was wonderful to read that you found the hotel good and that all the arrangements for the private party excellent. We do receive a lot of great feedback about our food and it was good to see that this was mirrored in the food served for your party.
We have tried to offer breakfast for a longer service period but have found that whatever time it is served until, the last half an hour tends to be very busy and would recommend that guests come a bit earlier to avoid any possible disappointment.
Thank you once again for your kind words.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

we stayed two nights, our first night we dined in the hotel restaurant.The starters were fine but the main courses were rather disappointing my wife had batter fish and home made hand cut chips, the were soggy and overcooked, like they flashed in the fryer to try to reheat them. I had the Lamb shoulder with mash and vegetables, the amount of mash and vegetables was huge to to size of the rolled lamb, by the time I removed the skin that held it together I don't think there were was a 100gms of meat left. However I did complain to the restaurant manager and he said he would arrange another portion of lamb but that would take 20 minutes to cook, so I declined. We left the restaurant and sat in the bar, where the restaurant manager said he would not charge me for my meal. which I accepted, but I should have an acceptable meal in the first place. Regarding the hotel it is rather tired as other reviews have mentioned but very clean. In our room we had a single and double bed, but the double had only one bedside table so I had to book, teacup etc on the floor. Lastly the biggest problem to me as it was raining we had to walk through the rain from our room to the main hotel, there is no direct access to the main hotel building.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DaveKalavilla
jeffy12
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at the Lymm Hotel from arriving until departure, pre allocated nice room, tasty bar snacks for lunch ,excellent restaurant with gorgeous sirloin steaks, super breakfast, car parking on door step and a lovely village too look around, would certainly recommend for short break or business , wedding venue. Thanks too all the team for making our stay perfect.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeffy12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymm
Statham Lodge Hotel
pentahotel Warrington
pentahotel Warrington
#5 of 21 in Warrington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,242 reviews

Been to The Lymm Hotel? Share your experiences!