“Just and Average English Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lymm Hotel

The Lymm Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Just and Average English Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I attended a corporate function here recently. I suspect the cheapest rooms were allocated to the group (corporate cost control), so my experience may not be the best the hotel can offer.

The room felt dated, I think it needs a bit of modernizing. Everything was clean, so no complaints there. I stayed for 2 nights, and I found it strange that my bed was not fully made after the first night (just sort of straightened).

Staff was fine, they did tend to disappear.

Ate in the restaurant one evening and the rest of the food was part of the function, it was good quality.

I found it really annoying that Wifi was not included in the room price. If you are a BT customer you can use your own account to log on, otherwise you have to buy a voucher (quite expensive I thought).

Lymm is a very pretty town, well worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
England of course !
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I arrived at this hotel it had a party in full swing in one of the large reception rooms. I had to wait at an empty check in desk for 10 minutes for a receptionist to appear, once checked in I went to my room which was unbelievably hot and the window was wide open (it was not a hot day), no air conditioning here but I cannot expect that from a three star hotel. The worst was to come when I used the toilet and it had been used and not flushed, a dirty toilet is not what you can expect to see in any hotel!!

Apparently I could have had WiFi in my room but was not willing to pay the connection charge which is the most expensive price I have been quoted anywhere in Europe!

I needed something to eat so decided to use the restaurant, food was mediocre at best but to order a Knickerbocker Glory and actually be given a normal sized water glass with a couple of balls of ice cream, some jam and what seamed some crushed breakfast cereal must be against trade descriptions!! ( a Knickerbocker Glory is supposed to be-Layers of ice cream sitting on top of fruit, beautifully presented in a tall glass with fruit sauce, whipped cream and topped with a cherry and wafer) I will make sure I post a picture of this said dessert.

So back to my room for some much needed sleep for my early morning trip to the Middle East, Sleep was something I was not going to get as I was listening to Status Quo Rockin All Over The World at just before 12pm from the party down stairs, Shutting the window did not help either and that made the room hotter than I felt anywhere later in the middle east. The music went on loud and proud and every word could be understood along with the Bass being transferred through the bed.

Checking out...... well this was the final straw, I decided to pay with cash which I had, but as I did not have exact amount this was not acceptable and I had to pay on my card, which I received an extra Credit Card Charge. When I started to complain about my issues the receptionist was not interested and there was nobody else around to deal with my problems.

Don't get me wrong as if you were here at a party or wedding I am sure you will have a great time as it looked like people were having lots of fun, but this is not a place to stay if you want to get any sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank daneworth

Travelers are raving about these Lymm hotels

Marlborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Lymm Hotel for four nights whilst attending an AGM and conference at the Hotel. Overall, the hotel offered very good value for money, at the rates negotiated by our conference organiser.. The food was freshly cooked and well presented - though there was a notable absence of green vegetables. Our room in the linear annexe was comfortable, and clean, but we could not persuade the girl servicing our room to replace the milk cartons; provide breakfast tea (as opposed to Earl Grey); replace towels she removed; or replace the TV aerial which she inexplicably removed from its socket every day! There was a notable lack of local information available in the foyer. Lymm is a very interesting village, and it required quite a search for the receptionist to find us a photocopied map of the local Heritage Trail - which should be promoted more. We got the overall impression of a few staff working very hard to maintain pride and standards in the hotel.

Room Tip: The annexe is quieter when there are functions on in the main hotel block. No lifts though to the 1s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
wisbech
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

my wife and I together with her brother and his wife were visiting family in lymm, so we booked into the lymm hotel for three nights on a room only basis, and I must say we were delighted with our stay there, the rooms were very warm and spotlessly clean, the white bed linen had that just washed smell and the bath towels were soft and big, the shower although not a power type was adequate, the we will certainly be staying here on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colin b
Fareham, Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights as part of a coach trip to Cheshire. The room in the main part of the hotel was adquately sized but in very poor repair with damp stains down one wall and loose wallpaper. The bathroom was also stained, the bath panel was rotting and there were dangerously broken, sharp edged tiles on the floor. One bedside lamp had no bulb when we arrived, and the towels were removed after the first night for some reason. These problems were dealt with efficiently and quickly. The room was very hot but the kitchen extractors were outside the window and very noisy so we had to put up with the heat. The bed was a bit saggy in the middle but clean. There was a very good choice of food for breakfast but the evening meals were meagre with very few vegetables, and a request for more was turned down by the chef. The starter that consisted of 3 pieces of melon and a swirl of something unrecognisable was laughable, as was the Greek salad with 1 1/2 tiny cubes of feta cheese. It was nice to see lots of fish on the menu but vegetarian food wasn't interesting. There was the equivalent of one or two small packets of butter on the table at both meals for 7 diners, and getting more was not easy. Desserts were obviously from the freezer and not very interesting. Service was slow. Bar prices were outrageous at over £7 for a single glass of white wine and over £5 for a g&t. I wouldn't go back there though I will go back to Cheshire.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Veronicagd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We held our wedding reception at the Lymm hotel and had a fabulous day. Philip and Michael were always on hand and nothing was too much trouble. Staff at the hotel were polite and helpful. The wedding breakfast was delicious, piping hot and the service was very efficient. The evening buffet was delicious and plentiful and our sweety buffet was well accommodated. The dj provided by the hotel was great and had people dancing all night. It was finished off with a restful nights sleep and a scrumptious cooked breakfast the next day. The day was fantastic and well organised and we have had nothing but positive feedback from family and friends. The day was relaxed and stressfree, everything was taken care of so my husband and I could just enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank SuzanneH15
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here on business, the staff are extreemly helpful and friendly, the food from the breakfast, which is a help yourself buffet style with a range of fruits, juices, cereals, pastries, cold meats and cheeses and cooked breakfast in chafing dishes, througn to the sandwiches we had at lunch through to the evening meal were all of a high quality.

The only thing that lets this hotel down is that the bedrooms are looking a little tired and are in need of freshening up, although during my three night stay there was a handy man touching up the public areas so this may be on the agenda.

All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymm
Statham Lodge Hotel
pentahotel Warrington
pentahotel Warrington
#4 of 21 in Warrington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,211 reviews

Been to The Lymm Hotel? Share your experiences!