“A good hotel for Lymm Village”
Review of The Lymm Hotel

The Lymm Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have attended many luncheons at this hotel. To my mind it is underrated. Yes, it could do with a bit of a re-vamp but it has an excellent Hotel Manager & good staff generally who make up for any shortfall in the surroundings. The hotel caters well for luncheons for groups of 80+ numbers & has always provided what we have requested & what has been agreed beforehand.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ColinManchesterUK
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind comments and its wonderful to hear that we have got good support from the local community. Looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I like staying at the Lyme mainly because of the location, the staff are very friendly and they serve a very good breakfast cooked to order. The rooms are clean with everything you need but just in need of a bit of a revamp. The public areas are smart enough and the restaurant has a good menu. The bonus of staying at the Lymm is that you are only a short walk in to the lovely village; you can walk along the road or along the tow path and when there you have a choice of at least ten eating places all within 300 yards, Italian, Thai, Chinese, and Indian etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FrancisUddingston

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words and its lovely to have confirmed that we have got the advantage of being in a quiet area with excellent cuisine of our own with specifically sourced food in our restaurant, and also within easy walking distance of the centre of the village of Lymm with its own numerous dining possibilities. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Lymm Hotel.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Lymm hotel as I tend to be in Trafford a lot on business, and usually frequent premier inn or holiday inn express closer to the city. I decided to move out to the sticks for a change.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, based in the quiet backwater of Lymm but close enough to main motorways and Manchester itself.

The hotel looks dated from the outside, and likewise within, the rooms are comfortable but again decor and equipment could do with a refresh.

The bar/grill area has obviously been more recently refurbished and has a relaxed ambience ideal to unwind after a busy day.

Bar prices are expensive, as is the food, which although the menu suggests is made from all fresh ingredients clearly iSnt, as the pate I had as starters was clearly but from a block, and the mash with my main was obviously not freshly mashed potato either. If you are going to charge £12 for sausage and mash from fresh ingredients then at least make the effort!
That said the food and drinks were ok, palatable, but nothingto write home about, and slightly over priced!

One big positive is the breakfast, which was faultless, well cooked, and presented.

The thing that makes this hotel stand out more than anything is the attentive and caring staff. All of them were fantastic ambassadors for the hotel and made me feel very welcome.

With plenty of free parking, and b+b for less than £70 I am likely to be back, just need to find a better local haunt for some evening grub!!

2  Thank Kevin H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and its good to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of changing our menu and reviewing our beverage structure, however - apart from the mashed potato - point taken and our Chef is on the case! - we do need to cover the additional cost for the responsibly sourced and in most cases organic food that we offer. Please contact me on your next visit and I am sure that we can arrange your dining plans.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel staff were helpful and welcoming. The food was good and the breakfast was great. However, the rooms were tired, well used and dated. They are also not at all soundproof so I would take some ear plugs if you want to ensure a good nights sleep.

1  Thank Leathershoes

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed both your evening meal and your breakfast with our responsibly sourced and in many cases organic food. Your comment about certain aspects of the room has been noted and the will be included in our refurbishment programme.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Can't grumble about anything bar the rooms which, as others have said, are right out of the 70s.

The breakfast was great, bar fine, staff nice enough, it's just the rooms that mean I would be unlikely to stay there again unless I wanted to film an episode of Life on Mars.

2  Thank Goz007
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thanks for your comments.
Its great to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and found the staff here at the Lymm Hotel very pleasant.
Your comment about the rooms has been noted and we have got a rolling refubishment programme in place with some excellent rooms but in the traditional style that reflects our hotel.
Give me a call on your next visit so that I can show you around.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights to attend a wedding. We were given a room in what was referred to as the family wing because we had two children. The room just about held four beds which were all proper beds, one bed had been put in as the extra bed but I don't think even with just three beds it was a very spacious room ! The decor was early 1990s. There was a kettle and a decent amount of tea etc. A notice said you could phone for fresh milk if you did not want the little plastic things of milk.
The bathroom had black mould round the bath and some large cracks in the tiles. There was holes hacked out of the wall below the sink. Having said that, it was clean.
The room was very dark indeed, overshadowed by trees and another building. It was necessary to have lights on at all times. I am afraid to say that we did not get much sleep on the first night, so much for being in the family wing as the last family went to bed at 1.30 !(very noisily, standing talking in the corridor outside our room and going in and out til 2.20 when it all culminated with a man shouting at a toddler to stop crying) The walls were quite thin and each time a door shut it sounded like it was our door ! The door to our corridor led straight to outside and so I did not leave the children in the room even when asleep, it was a bit too public.
We ate in the restaurant one evening and were impressed with the standard of the food and the service. The children had lovely puddings (I had one too, they were so good!) and the overall standard of cooking was high. Breakfast is indeed worth having, self service for everything bar hot drinks and toast, but of a high quality and a great choice. The staff were first rate and seemed really motivated, service at breakfast was five star. It was almost like being in one hotel for the rooms and another for the food !
The hotel is heavily geared towards functions with a wedding every day when we were there and as I have mentioned some of the guests were a bit less than thoughtful and well mannered ref late night noise in the "family" block so if you plan to stay here check where they are putting you if you have young children ! A shame as it would be a good base as the centre of Lymm has nice restaurants and you can get to the M6 Chester, Merseyside and the Wirral really easily.

Room Tip: Do not sleep in the "family" wing, ask for one away from the functions.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Squawky1

Thank you for your interesting comments.
It was lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay for the wedding and found it a good base to visit the Northwest. We do welcome children and have many family style rooms sleeping three and four together with menus designed for children..
We are very proud of our catering which was bourne out by your views on your dinner and breakfast experience.
It is unfortunate that some guests are not very thoughtful about other guests late at night but we do have areas of the hotel which are very quiet even when we have got one of our many events going on.
When you want to vist the area and want to use us as a base - give me a call!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding this weekend and was really disappointed in this hotel. I have to admit I didn't notice when I booked it that it had a three star rating but it was a wedding and staying on site was a must.
Check in was average at best and I was told I could pay for my room with my switch card but couldn't pre-authorise any food or drink as I wasn't using a credit card. I stay at hotels all over the world and have never heard that one before.
Then there was the double room which had a double bed and a single bed. This left very little room to move in what was a compact little room. However the room was extremely dated, wouldn't have looked out of place in the seventies. The ironing board that I was informed twice would be there.......wasn't there and the phone system to call reception was out of order. My wife and I also found the bed and mattress to be very poor and struggled to get any decent sleep on both nights. I would say however that the room appeared to be very clean with good towels and plenty of very hot water.
The best part of this hotel is the food offering. On Friday night we had dinner there and the quality was as good if not better than many five star hotels I have stayed in and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and attentive. It really was an unexpected treat. The only downside was the price. Very expensive but in hindsight I do have to say it turned out worth the money.
The good food experience was repeated at breakfast and at our wedding buffet. Breakfast had a great choice of hot and cold foods and again the staff were excellent when it came to looking after us with tea, coffee and toast.
I also found bar prices to be on the high side, comparable with many top city hotels but there was plenty staff available at peak periods.

Room Tip: No pool and no fitness centre.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marko39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymm
Statham Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Stretton
Holiday Inn Warrington
Holiday Inn Warrington
#12 of 22 in Warrington

Been to The Lymm Hotel? Share your experiences!