“Not a patch on what it used to be”
Review of Trattoria Baci - CLOSED

Trattoria Baci
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Lymm, United Kingdom
“Not a patch on what it used to be”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I really wanted to enjoy this meal as we used to frequent the restaurant a lot and it was excellent. However will not be going back in a hurry. The food was tasteless, we had the 'special starters' giant prawns in filo pastry but the pastry was thick and soggy. I had lamb shank which was tasteless, my mother in law had sea bass which been waiting under the grill we suspect for my meat, as it was dried up together with some blackened oven chips which we had asked instead of the potatoes. We sent the chips back and my mother in law asked for some butter to moisten the fish. The potatoes were served but without the vegetables which should have been standard.My husband said his pasta was nice but I don't think they have a professional cook/chef. The waiters were friendly and they did bring us coffees asking if it had made up for it. We had to dash off as was expecting a delivery but on our return home noticed that they had put a 10 per cent service charge on which was supposed to be optional. We certainly wouldn't have agreed to that.On this occasion the food was paid for in Tesco vouchers and I think they give preference to other non voucher customers. There are a lot of children having pizzas but unfortunately if you want anything else it's pretty hit and miss. I really want this restaurant to survive as it has the best location in the village but on this experience unless they make immediate changes I wouldn't think it would compete with the other restaurants in the area.

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time here, definitely won't be the last.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The four of us had a variety of food, waited quite a while for starters, but couldn't complain, it was full and had been freshly prepared, gorgeous. All main meals were very nice and couldn't complain at the service. We used Tesco vouchers and didn't experience any problems at all.

• Visited March 2014
“Bit embarrassed to say the least.....”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Phoned and booked stated tesco vouchers. No prob for booking any eve. Arrived and greeted and i gave our booking name. Restaurant was freezing. Starter was nice. Had the barbecue ribs and some garlic bread. Garlic bread bit bland. Pasta for main. Was supposed to be chicken and chilli but tasted and looked like a madras curry. I didn't eat my main. If I'd paid £9.10 which was full price for cash I would of complained and sent back. Dessert was expensive for tiramisu but was very nice. I went to the bar and asked for the bill and handed the waiter my clubcard printout. After 5 mins he came to our table and very angrily said "you should of given me this when you came in!!! I have thousands of codes in this book!!!" To our horror he then proceeded to place the book on the table and tell me to find the codes myself. The manager seeing this quickly came to our table and looked through the book himself. (Think he realised that the whole restaurant were watching the commotion and we were extremely embarrassed). He found the codes (still standing with the book at our table) and told us the waiter needed new glasses (think he was trying to make light of the situation). Would not recommend this restaurant especially if using vouchers as I wouldn't want you to suffer the same embarrassment we did :(

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Angden
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Bland...”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The restaurant was pretty empty when we went, only a few other tables of people in.
The décor was quite authentic, as were the staff very friendly and helpful. It did remind me of being on holiday.
The food was just average really, most of our group thought their dishes were very bland and needed more flavour.
Visited this place using Tesco clubcard vouchers.
Also watch out for the 10% service charge they automatically add! There didn't seem another option to pay without paying the 10%!

• Visited February 2014
Yerevan, Armenia
“Pleasant tasty meal”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We walked in and were greeted with a very friendly welcoming.
There was not much staff but the orders were coming in on time, and was very obviously made from scratch and with fresh food unlike other places.
I would recommend to try this place, it's quite quiet but the staff are very friendly and will make it more enjoyable.

Visited February 2014