“Expected more”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2012

First visit and probably last. Disappointed with food. My meal was very salty, mentioned it to waiter who didn't seem to care at all. Husbands pizza base was quite hard, not what we expected from an independant restaurant

2  Thank Tgow1

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have to agree with the many others - this is the worst Italian we have had!

We met with friends (4 in total) at Baci in Lymm and entered a cold restaraunt on a wet and windy night - not very welcoming. The staff were not busy as the place was less than half full, so they were attentive, all male but uninspiringl.

The food overall was poor - with cold dishes (which I sent back) which were supposed to be oven baked, odd tasting pasta dishes resembling curry rather than mediterranean cuisine and very little veg when ordering a main meat dish. Low quality raw materials used at above average charge prices.

But the one thing that stunned us was the automatic 10% service charge. We have dined at other Warrington based Italians for years and NEVER paid that at any of them.We always offer a tip to quality service and meals, so this was a shocker. We left no tip for sure.

My tip to them is - get a new chef and brighter more helpful staff (including females) and put some heating on in winter months!

We will not be going again and the overall bill (inc 2 x drivers not drinking) was £103 including service for 2 courses each and 2 coffees instead of sweets and 2 white wines.

1  Thank Cityboy6977Cheshire
Reviewed November 8, 2012

we booked this restaurant for a saturday night in the summer . we booked it for 9 pm as we wanted to go for a drink first . When we got there slightly earlier i was surprised to find hardly anyone in there. We were sat by the window and the table had to be set in spite of other tables being free. I did not mind this as the window was large and gave us some time to people watch. I did notice though we were not given bread sticks that were set on the already made up tables. This was just the beginning the staff looked uninterested, bored and was def clock watching. In short we were given a bottle of wine , starter and main course all within 30 minutes . I was not asked if I was ready for my main course, they tried to collect my plate before I had finished my main when I was resting and placed my knife and fork down. I was so disappointed with the service and lack of atmosphere in the place I told my husband before we left I wish we had not come here as the whole experience was a real let down and not that cheap for the standard of food we got. When I went to the toilet the owner of head guy not sure asked him how it was and he told him we felt very let down. He gave us coffee and we only paid for one meal but to be honest it ruined the whole night. I would rather have paid and had a full night in the restaurant with good food , wine and service. They just did not seem bothered and wanted to close early. So unprofessional in what is now a very competitive field. I would not return with so many good restaurants out there only to happy to please.

2  Thank Janet C
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family had lunch here on the spur of the moment and we loved it. There was a warm welcome and the children were able to draw with crayons on the paper table cloth. My husband and I had the Manzo, a beef dish which was a special of the day, and the children had spaghetti carbonara. All the food was delicious especially the beef. Childrens ice cream came decorated with sprinkles and sauce !
The room was light and airy with a big window on to the street.
I would definitely go again !

2  Thank Squawky1
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We went for an early evening meal with the Family. The service was good and attentive but the food was awful! I sent my pasta della pollo dish back as it had no flavour which they replaced with spaghettii bol but again their was no flavour. I could do better at home. I felt we had wasted our money and would not go back. We used to go there alot and the food was great but we went home very disappointed.

1  Thank Sudley