“excellent family meal '26 people'”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oaklands Hotel

Oaklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weaverham
cheshire
“excellent family meal '26 people'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I organised a family meal in the carvery restaurant for 26 people (40th birthday). Nothing was too much trouble and all of the staff went well out of their way to accomodate us all.

The carvery was of an excellent standard (especially the Lamb) and of really good value. 3 of the party had fish and i must admit i did want that aswell... The drinks were reasonably priced and comparable with local pubs which was a blessing. The venue is as shown in the website pics and easily accomodated our group when we moved outside in to the gardens.

we did not stay over as it's only down the road so i cannot comment, but we will be using the restaurant again in the near future

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Darren C

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
cheshire uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

had a great night at this bar watching the free entertainment (amazing band), and enjoyed free buffet. Staff very friendly and helpful. However, having had one too many we decided to stay the night. Awful! these rooms need updating soooo much. the standard of furniture, decor and fittings is so poor. i will be going here again but will definately be getting a taxi home!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Weaverham hotels

Northwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just come back from having the carvery at this place for my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary as they had their wedding reception there. Service - all I can say is non-existent. When My husband asked if they had baby changing facilities, they said no, but you can change the baby in one of the bedrooms on the floor. No one took our drinks order - had to go to the bar. And we are quite sure we saw them taking the peas out of tins before putting them in the serving dishes. Please don't go here, I have never been anywhere where the level of service was so poor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Katherine C
Bramhall, uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for a 40th birthday party. The function itself was very good, however the bedroom we stayed in was awful. The carpets were filthy, the room desperately needed decorating, the bedding was very old and didn't look clean, and the room was freezing. The bathroom was in a similar state - old, tired and dirty !
Other party guests stayed at the Premier Inn 1 mile away as they had been tipped off about the rooms at the Oaklands. We didn't want the hassle of having to get a taxi and thought the rooms couldn't be all that bad. We were wrong !

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Co.Durham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for one night as part of the wedding party. The wedding itself was nice, room was decorated nicely and the tables look good. The food for the wedding breakfast was a carvery and this was really nice although the manager was seen to eat the meat as he was carving it. The service at the tables was excellent. The food on the evening however left much to be desired, with chips and bacon sandwiches being brought out which were cold and hard.
Overall the wedding day itself went really well and everybody had a good time.

The room we stayed in at the Hotel on the other hand was terrible. They were completely outdated and freezing cold. There was a small heater provided in the room but we didn't want to risk leaving that on all night. The bed was tiny and the blankets on the bed were awful, really uncomfortable and made me sneeze and my eyes water. I had to get more blankets Out of the wardrobe because we were so cold but these made me sneeze even more.
The toilet seat in our room was also hanging off.

There was no information given in the rooms of who to contact if something was wrong.

We were really disappointed with the room given the price that we paid, it was definitely not worth £75 per night. I would not stay here again unless some serious renovation work was undertaken.

• Stayed September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a great party there.Food was great they had a live band on as well?the hotel is set in beautiful grounds with an outdoor terrace fantastic if the weather is good.Cant praise enough.I am planning a birthday party in December so with a bit of luck we may get snow on the ground and with all the lights should be very christmassy.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Thanks to the wonderfull staff at the oaklands my 50th birthday party was a smash hit
i arranged for about 150 of my freinds from far and wide to attend what prommissed to be
a great night and i was not dissapointed . From first booking my party to the very night it was
great . i had a lot to arrange with a band and a Dj and dressing the room the staff was amazing
so helpfull . Everyone commented on what a great room it was , we did it out like 70 disco mirror ball and everthing they even projected my name on the wall made me feel very special .As for the Buffet it was top draw and what was good about it they let it run on through the night . i love dipping in again later after a few pints ha ha . The dj was brill played all my fave tunes and some i hadnt got a clue on for the kids well done .i will sure be back to celibrate my wifes birthday once again Thank you

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverham
Premier Inn Northwich (Sandiway) Hotel
Nunsmere Hall Hotel
Nunsmere Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakmere
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel

Been to Oaklands Hotel? Share your experiences!