“Another great visit!”

Dog in a Doublet
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Whittlesey
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dog in a Doublet serves award winning innovative gastro pub food with a twist. It has dining to suit all expectations and budgets. You can see you food being cooked in the open plan kitchen and the head chef is know for appearing on BBC Masterchef. Situated on the banks of the river Nene it boosts some of the best views in the fens and has a farm where much of the food is produced and a petting zoo for guests to enjoy also.
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited again tonight and had another wonderful meal. We took my mum for her 70th birthday a couple of weeks ago and had to return as the food and the service were excellent. All the staff made it a really special night for my mum. It's a wonderful plane and would definitely recommend a visit!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

It was our 21st wedding anniversary, so we wanted something good but not over the top. We pass this 'Pub' most Fridays on our way to Whittlesey, and while the curb appeal is somewhat lacking, we elected to give it a go... We were not disappointed, although we were the only people eating that lunchtime, the service was attentive without being too much and the food, well, while I was fairly peckish and ready to eat, I really didn't expect such a good meal. The Rib of Beef was spectacular and I would recumbent it to anyone... The overall effect is an eclectic mismatched decor with fantastic food and great service. We will be there again soon!
To the Owners, Please don't improve your curb appeal, we want you to stay just as you are!!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went to the dog and doublet on Tuesday after hearing lots of good comments about the food ..... Well I have to agree with every one the food was just fabulous from taste to presentation
Will most devanatly be making this one of my regular resturants
If I had to award points it would be 5*

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Kids away so popped out for meal with husband midweek. We've been meaning to visit for ages. It was well worth the wait. I enjoyed an exquisitely tender rib of beef and my hungry husband had the rib tickler burger. Both meals were beautifully presented. All meals were presented to the same high standard (we watched the various dishes leave the kitchen). The flavours in each dish were very well balanced. The proprietors took time to chat to customers and other staff were very friendly and efficient. Very impressed. We will be visiting again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Taken here for mother's day, really good food and waitresses very friendly despite being very, very busy. Decor is a bit dated but the excellent quality of food made up for that.

1  Thank Sandy G