“Very good food and service!”
Review of Vesuvio

Vesuvio
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Whittlesey
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were a little unsure what to expect from Vesuvio based on some of the earlier reviews, however having dined there this evening I am very impressed and look forward to going back again.

The waitress that greeted us was friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and gave a warm welcome.

We had scallops with spinach in a cream sauce and garlic mushrooms for a starter - both were excellent - full of flavour and great dishes. As it was our first time in a new restaurant we decided to choose classic dishes for main so had a lasagne and carbonnara - both excellent, and one of the best garlic breads I have tasted for a long time. Food was hot, fresh, promptly served and really tasty.

My only criticism would be regarding dessert, having enjoyed my starter and main course so much I was expecting an amazing Tiramisu; sadly it was lacking flavour... it wasn't bad enough to complain about, but didn't compare to the quality of the rest of the food we had that night.

Overall I am really pleased that I have found this place and will certainly return and recommend it to others :)

Maria V, Owner at Vesuvio, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

to write us this fabulous review, we are pleased
you enjoyed your meal at Vesuvio and decided
to try for yourself, instead of believing the few malicious
reviews left by some on this site.
Regarding our homemade dessert I have taken this into
account and have spoken to my chef's who will look
into this matter.
We look forward to welcoming you all back again
very soon.
All staff @ Vesuvio

There are newer reviews for Vesuvio

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went to Vesuvio for my birthday. It was a Friday evening and so it was very busy, which added to the lovely atmosphere! I had a table reserved in a really nice quieter spot. Also the table had been adorned with decorations which was really sweet! The food was amazing. There is so much to choose from, I am from an Italian background and so can be very particular when it comes to eating Italian food out, however I was not a t all disappointed. The staff were very attentive & the service fantastic, even in the busy circumstances. It is a place I highly recommend and will definitely be going back for seconds and thirds, and so on ;)

Maria V, Owner at Vesuvio, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

review. We are so pleased when our customers
leave us positive reviews like yours, it makes my staff
proud to be part of Vesuvio.
We hope you enjoyed your birthday meal with us
and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Congratulations to all on your food health & hygiene level 5 achievement presented today at fenland hall.
Well done and thank you.

Thank you!
We are very proud of our 5 star Health & Hygiene
and are honoured that you gave us a review
to recognize our achievement.

All our staff @ Vesuvio

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lovely staff, excellent food, great vibe would definitely recommend! Brilliant prices too, get there and try them out!

Maria V, Owner at Vesuvio, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

we pride ourselves on our very
reasonable prices, and my staff and
I take pride in our service at all times.
We hope to welcome you back again
very soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

From the first moment we dialled their number it was excellent service, and when the lovely waitress told us it would only 10 minutes I didn't believe bit, on arrival all the staff were really nice with huge welcoming smiles on their faces, the take away was brought out shortly after. When we got home the takeaway was piping hot, delicious and great value for money. We will defiantly be returning for a sit in meal soon.

Maria V, Owner at Vesuvio, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

For this super review, we hope
to welcome you for a sit down meal at
Vesuvio soon.