“Quiet and neat”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Preston
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Quiet and neat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

The room was neat and clean and the staff friendly, they even offered to help with baggage. Unusual for the Premier Inn brand but we actually had a key. It was only about 17 miles from Brighton so easy hop along A25.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
NickOxbrow, Manager at Premier Inn Littlehampton Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments, It is always nice to hear possitive things about our hotel and I will definatly pass these on to my team, as I am sure they will be pleased to hear them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions when visiting family in the area. We have always had an excellent stay, with clean and comfortable rooms and friendly, professional staff. My complaint is not with Littlehampton Premier Inn itself but with the policy of the company as a whole regarding family rooms. The company has a policy that children over 16 cannot share a room with their parents and i have been told that this is for health and safety reasons. This has made it very inconvenient for us since our daughter reached 16 as she does not want to be in a room on her own and we do not want to pay the price of 2 rooms. The rooms at the Premier Inn have a sofa which can easily be made into a bed for another adult and i am aware of many other companies, including Travelodge, who allow 3 adults to share a room at no extra cost. I am sure that Travelodge and the other companies which allow this cannot all be in breach of health and safety regulations. I have stated to Premier Inn that i would be happy to pay extra to allow my daughter to share our room (thereby allowing them to let out the 2nd room to someone else and making them financially better off) but they would not allow this. I feel that the policy discriminates against families with older children and goes against their 'good night' policy if parents have to worry about their children being in a room on their own.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had spent ages looking for accommodation for an overnight stay between East Preston and Worthing as we were visiting two sets of friends. We were hesitant in booking the Premier Inn at East Preston due to it being £100 for the night without breakfast. However as we were eating out both days room only was what we really wanted. From the outside I was somewhat hesitant and reluctant to enter. However, the receptionist in my opinion deserves the 'medal for hospitality' she was so welcoming, we had arrived she checked and we were allowed to go in early, she told us the rooms had been refurbished and gave us her paper to have a look at. She was so lovely - then we encountered the cleaner who again asked if we had a good journey etc. The room was absolutely spotless, the bed was comfy, crisp clean sheets and towels, plenty of coffee and milk When we were about to go out my top need a safety pin so my husband popped to the reception - they gave him two safety pins - my car alarm went off they rang me to tell me, reassuring me when I apologised profusely not to worry. The staff here are amazing and room beautiful. Not sure if every Premier Inn is like this but if so we will always use them as we travel an awful lot.

Room Tip: Back of the Premier Inn was quieter so we were told.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Landlord, General Manager at Premier Inn Littlehampton Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thankyou for your kind comments, much appreciated. i will pass the comments onto the team
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband & I booked into this Premier Inn on 21st July for a two-night stay. The entire hotel had been newly decorated earlier that week but there was no lingering paint smell. We were allocated Room 5 on the ground floor where an enormous brand new wall-mounted TV had been fitted earlier that day. Unfortunately the new TV couldn't pick up a signal so we spoke to Nick, the young man who was in charge of the reception desk. He immediately allocated us another room, Room 2, in which the TV worked perfectly. Problem solved!

We found this hotel to be ideally situated, newly reburbished and staffed by very pleasant and helpful young people. Our room, overlooking the large carpark, was comfortable and quiet. We were able to order a daily newspaper which we collected from the reception desk in the morning before breakfast.

The two of us took breakfast at the adjoining Table Table pub/restaurant, The Roundstone. We chose the Continental option which was very tasty and quite adequate for us.

There is a little row of shops across the road and round the corner, just a 3-minute walk away, where we bought some snacks to take out for the day from a nice convenience store. Very handy.

We recommend this Premier Inn to other travellers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Landlord, General Manager at Premier Inn Littlehampton Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thankyou for your comments I will pass them on to the team
Nederland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Quiet rooms, good location to explore this part of the south coast. Very friendly staff. TV sets need an update.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thankyou for your kind comments
Rumford, St Ervan, Cornwall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had a twin room, fine one bed was large the other small, I hate this. It makes me feel second rate as I always end up giving the larger bed to my other traveller. Both beds were like sleeping on planks, hard and uncomfortable.

The room was clean, bathroom too was clean. Bath is always too high, I am not a six foot hurdler. I am 5 ft tall, and the bath seems always difficult to get in and out of.

Breakfast was ok, but a little expensive. But do not eat at the resturant for dinner, choice was limited. Orders were frequently wrong, and food was very bland.

Would I stay there again? I guess I would at a push, but for my next trip I might change the chain I stay with I did not enjoy the hotel at all.

Room Tip: Room was ok for quiet, but watch out for the fox in the rubbish cans
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
much appreciated thankyou
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Top rating for this Premier Inn. On arrival, we asked the way to the coast and five minutes later the receptionist presented us with a copy of a map with two routes highlighted so that we could pick which one we preferred. We also asked for more pillows and the iron and board - nothing was too much trouble and everything was delivered promptly with a smile. The room was comfortable and clean, with lovely beds and a choice of pillow types. We only had breakfast in the attached restaurant, but the choice was good and was a good start to the day.
I would recommend this Premier Inn - we'll be going back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Avisford Park
Hilton Avisford Park
#5 of 7 in Arundel
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,907 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Littlehampton Hotel? Share your experiences!