“Great staff and great food”
Review of The Sagamite

The Sagamite
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Wendake
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our second night stay, I decided to try the sagamité. They were renovating, expanding. Decided to order take-out and bring it to my hotel room. The food was great! The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to find me ustensils and plates so that I could enjoy my meal in my room. Would recommend this restaurant and would go back anytime. They were very busy so I would recommend reservations and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It was my 4th or 5th time at this restaurant. We went as a couple, we took a visiting friend and also a few times as a group.
The first visits were great. New and original food with a focus on native culture. Basket with banik and other breads with grains and dry fruits. There was a real focus on the quality and authenticity of food. If you go now, you will get generic bread with maybe some sort of raisin bread, the soup was cream of mushroom that tasted somewhat like something Campbell's make. My tiny portion of wapiti served with a mush of potatoes and cheese was unremarquable and a bit tasteless.
But worst of all the service was horrible. Our server told us to order right now otherwise we would disturb the pace of the kitchen, she never took our drinks orders, our plates were mixed up and the water girl spilled water on everything while refiling.
Not the kind of experience I recommend. This place as lost it's way and it seems its only going downhill.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The specialty of the restaurant is game, prepared as Amerindians do. game terrines as entree,followed by bison ribs, cooked in a tasty sauce, or medallions of game meats. Very tasty and excellent service. Ask for a corner table if you want a quiet meal, and avoid Saturdays, which are popular with groups. we were two couples and were given a table next to the fireplace. A lovely little room with fewer tables than the main restaurant. Recommended for a meal "off the beaten track" of the downtown Quebec restaurants.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have just enjoyed a delicious soup at this restaurant. After walking around for several hours, on a damp, dull morning, I was looking for soup. The restaurant, which serves lunch from 11:30, was busy, many tables reserved, but I was quickly placed and given time to choose. My red wine was delivered promptly, the bubbling French onion soup and a basket of breads with butter followed in 10 minutes. The soup was satisfyingly loaded with onions, lightly salted, with a hearty bread that did not fall apart immediately, and was topped with the bubbling cheese. Mmm! I was one satisfied customer.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The best feature of this restaurant is its terrace with its scenic view. The food wants to be original but is rather ordinary in its preparation and presentation. I had a Kangaroo burger that was just OK. The service was absolutely terrible. We had to wait more than half an hour for our food.