“Clean and friendly..........!”

Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whittlesford
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Thank you I stay in Holiday Inns frequently (work!) and I have to say I am not sure I have stayed on one as clean welcoming and friendly as this one. We arrived early and were welcomed with no bother and directed to a small clean (I cannot say this enough) room with all that we needed. No the usual tiny shower but a roomy one with space to move around. Great blue light in the bathroom to show you the way in the night without waking you up and a perfect breakfast just what we needed after partying........ All the staff were great helpful and welcoming nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridgeduxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

I was delighted to read your review and the positive experience you had when you visited our hotel.

Cleanliness is a very important component of the hotel operation and we spend a great deal of man hours ensuring this is to a high standard.

Not to belittle any other area of our hotel however the people we have employed are our most valuable asset. The hotel is very successful and it is not down to the product or our processes but the people we have employed. It is great to read they made such a great impression on you.

Thank you for your custom and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10

Reviewed October 14, 2013

had a great weekend stay here with husband and kids. very clean rooms very friendly staff, the breakfast was very good, my kids dont like much but the choice was excelant.macdonalds just down the road in walking distance handy for kids again. The only bug bear i had was they didnt empty bins every day when u have two kids especialy teenagers you get alot of rubbish but we just bagged it up.We all slept very well, no noise from train station at back of hotel or from the car park and busy main road at front where we were. Would recomend this inn to anyone . Thankyou for a lovley weekend.The reason we were there was for the Duxford air show which was just down the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa H
Cambridgeduxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your time in our hotel.

My apologise regarding the emptying of the bin. I have highlighted this with the housekeeping team just to ensure that no more oversights like this occur.

It is pleasing to read that the noise did not disturb you. On building the hotel, we did ensure windows were thicker and reinforced foundations to ensure the building doesn't shudder as they pass by, although I would point out they are electric trains so quiet anyway.

Thank you for your custom and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times when I've visited Cambridge on business. The hotel is everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly, my only gripe is that the wifi is very slow.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Cambridgeduxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am very disappointed we did not 'Wow' you enough to receive a better scoring however I appreciate very much your comments regarding our team members.

The wifi is an issue we are addressing. We are upgrading the band width in November as we recognise the need a greater speed of access.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future and thank you for your custom.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the moment of arrival the staff could not have been more helpful and remained so throughout our 4 night stay. Ideal location for Cambridge with easy and cheap access by train. Excellent food at Red Lion Pub less than two minutes walk for evening meal if required whilst breakfast in the hotel was very good and plenty available. The room was clean and the bathroom had a great shower and cubicle. We would definitely return if in the area again.

Room Tip: Our room was on 1st floor almost on the station platform but we experienced no problem with noise an...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridgeduxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with your feedback.

I was delighted to read you thought our people were helpful and attentive. Our people are our biggest asset and it is great to read others thinks so as well.

I will pass on your comments to our colleagues at the Red Lion pub next door, they will be very pleased to read of your satisfaction.

We hope you will return in the future and thank you for your custom.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here as it is central and right on the railway. Don't be put off by that, the trains are electric so Quiet.
There is a bar over the road which also does carvery and it's not far at all by the railway to either London or Cambrtidge. We are booked again for the future.

Room Tip: Pick one to the front.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I was very pleased you enjoyed your experience in our hotel. It was great to hear the trains didn't disturb you. For light sleepers we have front facing rooms however we are very confident (due to the measure we have taken to prevent noise) the train noise is minimal and nowhere near as noisy as a busy city centre hotel.

Thank you for your custom and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Duxford is near enough do Cambridge to take local trains service in if you don't want to drive. This is a really brand new place and I did wonder if it would be noisy set right off a busy motorway exit and next to the railway line as it is. But since it is so new the windows and wall construction kept it quiet! Staff very helpful. Breakfast a quick buffet style. Dinner across the road can be charged to your room. Great arrangement.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridgeduxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I was very pleased indeed to read of your satisfaction with the services we provide. It’s great to hear the potential noise issues outside the bedroom were not a hindrance to you. The bedrooms located next to the train tracks are thicker, the wall well insulated and a reinforced wall to stop the vibrations although I would point out the trains are electric and do not make much noise at all.

We hope to welcome you back in the future and thank you for your custom.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is my first time in a Holiday Inn Express, so I'm not sure to what extent my comments apply to the chain in general or just this branch.

This is obviously a new hotel (too new to appear on Google Street View) and it still looks very new and shiny. I was off to a good start when I received quite possibly the friendliest check-in greeting ever.

My room looked nice as I walked in, but problems soon revealed themselves. There's not a single drawer or cupboard in the room; and no wardrobe. My jacket and shirts hung on the tiny hanger rail, but my clean socks and pants had to be left in plain view on a shelf.

A similar theme appeared in the bathroom. It was sizeable and looked very nice, but they got so many of the little touches wrong. The glasses were plastic and there were no toiletries in the bathroom other than a couple of bottles of cheap hand-soap attached to the walls.

Breakfast was limited but perfectly serviceable. I understand that you can upgrade to full English breakfast at the pub next door. but I didn't try that. The hotel makes heavy use of that pub to make up for its lack of facilities. If you ask, they will make you something from a limited choice of meals, but I got the impression that they would far rather that you went next door to eat.

Some reviews here mention the noise from the passing trains. I was on the station side and on my first night I was aware of the noise. In the morning I realised that I had left the window open. The next night I closed the window and didn't notice the trains at all.

This is clearly a hotel that is aimed at business visitors who will only stay for a couple of nights. And it's just passable for that. I can't imagine coming here with the family, but if I ever have business in the area again, I might come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank realdavorg

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I was very pleased to read about your check in experience, we employ people for their personalities and outgoing nature, experience in the job comes with time and we have an abundance of experience it is a great personality we look for.

I appreciate your comments regarding the bedrooms, the design of the rooms is very modern with many shelves and hanging space but we do not have cupboards. The hand soap is not cheap I assure you, this is a very reputable brand. The hotels offers extras like conditioner, soap bars, tooth paste, nail files, cotton wool and shaving kits should you forget something.

The hotels sister property is the Red Lion so we decided the best way forward is to have a full menu in one hotel. The limited menu you refer to is for those customers who have arrived late and the red lion has closed although ask for something from this menu and we will cook it for you any time of the night or day.

The hotel is aimed at business visitors as well as leisure, events and conference. We are all things to all people and everyone is welcome.

I am glad you will return if on business but I urge you to bring the family along, the Imperial War Museum is only 1 mile away and it is a fantastic experience.

Thank you for your custom, it was greatly appreciated.

Ross Ferguson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittlesford
Duxford Lodge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
Holiday Inn Cambridge
#11 of 36 in Cambridge
Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cambridge Duxford M11 Jct 10? Share your experiences!