“Wonderful!”

and 1 more site!
Red Rail Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 Hoarwithy B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in August for a countryside getaway and it was absolutely lovely. Andy and Stephanie are very friendly and instantly made us feel comfortable, their house is beautiful and the guest room we stayed in (Alice room) was spot on. The garden is lovely and we particularly enjoyed going to say hello to the horses, and to the chickens that lay our breakfast eggs! Overall a wonderful place to stay, the actual b&b is wonderful and the surrounding countryside is beautiful. I highly recommend Red Rail farm!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a great second visit and stayed 3 nights. The accomodation and facilities are still excellent. Stephanie and Andy are welcoming , friendly and great hosts. My husband enjoyed using the hot tub. It was a very relaxing stay and we will return for a third visit in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at Red Rail Farm in June 2013 for a much needed short break away from our business. Thanks to the in-room wi-fi, we were able to keep up with the essential emails and check out the best places to eat and walk locally. We stayed in the Alice room, which was modern, spacious, clean, and had everything we needed including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and fresh milk. The location of Red Rail Farm is very peaceful, so we were able to fully relax in comfort. Breakfast on our first morning was so good that we didn't eat anything else until dinner that evening, despite walking up the Cat's Back to Black Hill that day! The owners were very friendly and recommended good places to eat each evening, so we were well-rested and well-fed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The first day I arrived I was treated like part of the family. We all sat at the table in the kitchen, chatting like old friends. I stayed in the 'alice in wonderland room'. Andy and Steph were always welcoming. I was even invited for a meal one evening because I stayed for 3 weeks because the hospitality was too great. I was starting a new job in the area whilst waiting for my house sale completion. Every morning Steph would make me breakfast sandwiches to take to work. In the evenings I would sometimes come down to the open plan kitchen and sitting area for a chat with Steph. Loved this b&b or should I say plush hotel!!!!

Room Tip: The Alice in wonderland room with walk in shower to die for.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark-venus
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The setting was superb. A commitment to giving a great experience.
Not just a job, but a joy to share your home with others. There was nothing to fault & I would liked to have stayed longer.
I would recommend this as a 1st class B&B

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Andy and Stephanie are incredible hosts, we had a lovely welcome note waiting for us in our room where they clearly recognised us as return visitors.

The room we like to stay in is beautiful, very large, clean and plush. Brekfast is excellent, and I was offered garlic mushrooms which I loved! Thank you for being so thoughtful.

It was lovely to wake up to the chickens etc in the countryside and we will always stay here when we can find a reason to come to Hereford.

Thanks Alan and Elizabeth, Cornwall

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What can I say that 34/34 previous 5* reviews don't already say? Andy and Stephanie were the epitome of friendly helpful hosts right from the start, even when we turned up at the wrong time. They showed us round, chatted with us and even gave us a lift down the road for the wedding we were attending.

The surroundings are beautiful - a week here wouldn't suffice to soak it in. The bedroom was simply luxury with all the 1st class finishing touches and a heavenly shower. Then came a fresh filling breakfast, again with all the trimmings: eggs laid onsite, coffee tasting how coffee should but seldom does, two croissants even though I said I was full!

I won't forget this place, and I'll wish I were back there while in B&B's I stay in for years to come.

Room Tip: Get an early night - the cockrells can be noisy in the morning!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoarwithy
The Pilgrim Hotel
The Bridge House
The Bridge House
#5 of 43 in Ross-on-Wye
The Steppes Bed & Breakfast

Been to Red Rail Farm? Share your experiences!