“nice food, good beer, great value”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

have visited the Plough on a couple of occasuions over the last few weeks and am yet to be disappointed. The food is freshly prepared to order, the range of beers is excellent but it is the vlue that really stands out. I'd certainly recommend to other customers, drinkers and diners alike.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Really dissapointed with the. Visit to this pub as it had been recommended by a people who we thought were friends. No steak knives and the steak was just awful. Far too chewy and not cooked well at all. To top it all of a dog at the bar decided to open its bowels twice in full view of diners. Staff didnt even notice until tjis was pointed out. Absolutely disgusting . Will NEVER go back here again.

2  Thank htimsrh
ThePloughInnWhitstab, Public Relations Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

We are sorry to hear that! My only suggestion is that perhaps the management were not present at this time and the situation was not being controlled adequately. You must have come on one of the very few evenings that we have something go wrong and I assure you that our food is very rarely criticised - however I will make sure that the quality of steak is closely examined from now on.

If you do choose to come back again (which we hope you do) you'll notice that there is now a manager present EVERY night of the week and that our food is as delicious as ever.

Thank you for your review - this has helped us improve our service :)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Or any other time I'd guess, but it was a Friday night when we arrived at the campsite just down the road, didn't feel like cooking & fancied a beer out. I'm really glad we did. The Plough looks good from the outside, but it's even better from the inside. The welcome was warm, the beer (Doombar, since you ask, in a jug) was perfect & my Hunter's Chicken was as good as I've had anywhere. The portions are pretty generous, we'd really have struggled to eat a pudding, which was a shame as the ones coming out looked fantastic. All in all, thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Been in this pub on a couple of occasions, once to eat in the restaurant on a Sunday lunch time for the Carvery which I must say was very good, could not fault the food although the actual restaurant area needs some money spending on it as does the rest of the pub, the reason I have given such a low score on this pub is not for any fault of the food but for the pub owners conduct!! the guy who owns the pub is called ILtan and all I can say is that this man has no respect for his staff and no management skills, both times we have been here the guy has shouted at female members of staff in front of customers for no reason other than blatant bullying, he's a total slob and drinks too much!! I was totally disgusted by this mans behaviour on both occasions and refuse never to spend my money in his establishment again.

7  Thank Sandra C

Dear Sandra

We are ever so sorry to hear that - we certainly do not wish to be seen as a pub with an owner such as this - however you are unlikely to have witnessed the full story and the context to which the criticism was given. I can assure you this review has been taken into account and used constructively - unfortunately we can not turn back time but we can assure you that you will not witness this again. We hope to see you back at the Plough soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Plough Swalecliffe (The old Edderys) has always been a good venue but since it was taken over a few years ago (No longer a Thorley Tavern) it has been transformed and is now even better than ever with great staff a good selection of Beers, Spirits and Shots more importantly Fabulous well priced hearty Food and the best Sunday Carvery you'll find well worth a visit

3  Thank Norman N

Thanks so much for your fantastic review - we hope to see you again very soon!