“Meh, Not That Great Really”
Review of Roosterant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Roosterant
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went to this restaurant for breakfast. We'd always wanted to try it out but never had opportunity until this trip - we go yearly to the Island and eat at as many different places as possible.

Although service was friendly and efficient, I, unfortunately, cannot speak positively of the food.

My wife had pancakes with a side of bacon and I had french toast with a side of bacon.

The bacon tasted old and was too 'flacid' and undercooked on half and crispy on the other half.
My wife advised that her pancakes had a 'weird' aftertaste to them so we're not sure if there was some unknown spice put into them or something was 'off' in the mixture.
My french toast looked amazing but ended up tasting bland, even with gobs of syrup on it, and was too soggy/undercooked in the middle.
The accompany little containers of fruit did not taste well either, especially considering we've had great fruit on the Island from other places.

Probably won't feel a need to return there.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Looks like a small house from the outside and I wasn`t sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

There are 3 (clean) booths to one side. The rest of the seating is table and chairs. There are (silk) flowers on every table, and tablecloths on most. There is also an outside, covered dining area.

The waitress was professional yet friendly, and very helpful.

Beer was served in chilled mugs. The beef in wine sauce was the best meal I have had in the four days I have been on the Island.

Price was extremely reasonable. We had the`special of the day` -- beef in wine sauce, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, mashed potatoes. The presentation was very nice. Our meal also included rolls, tea or coffee and a scrumptious brownie with chocolate ice-cream and chocolate sauce on it. All for $14.50 each!

Tomorrow is our last day on the Island and you can be sure we will be eating at the Roosteraunt! (The only thing I didn`t like about it was it`s name --- it turned me off at first -- but I`m so glad we decided to try it.)

1  Thank Evelyn49
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just a good a Mom's if not better and no crowds.We were there for lunch on a very hot day and the AC was on full.We all enjoyed our meals and will return.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at Mindemoya for one night in August and had supper at the Roosterant. Homemade fish and chips and fabulous homemade pies for dessert. Great comfort foods. They had a variety of menuchoices inckuding curried chicken that evening as a special. Prices very reasonable and service good. All in all a nice family restaurant with great food after a long travel day.

1  Thank Mariëlle H
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Roosterant in Mindemoya is a nice little family restaurant. I've been vacationing on Manitoulin Island since I was a child, but I had never eaten here before. I stopped for lunch in the first week of August 2013.

The concept is quaint, with various roosters decorating the interior. You have a choice of a few booths to sit at, or tables, and they do have a small patio along the sidewalk out front.

I chose one of the specials which was a toasted Western with fries, and coleslaw, and I also had an iced tea and dessert.

Dessert is apparently the specialty. They have a large black board listing about 15 different options. Pies, muffins, cakes, tarts. It's all there. I had the coconut cream pie.

The food was good, the portions substantial. Will definitely go back when I'm on the Island.