“Excellent breakfast”

Cuisines: Canadian
Annapolis, Maryland
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were so pleased the first day we had breakfast at Mums, we went went back the next day. Homemade bread, meaty bacon, real potatoes, and eggs with flavor so my guess is that they had to have come fresh from a farm. Service was prompt and friendly, too. Thumbs up, no question!

• Visited August 2013

Orillia, Canada
“Georgian Bay loop”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stopped for breakfast after our stay at the Manitoulin Inn. Just the sort of bacon and egg breakfast I like. Service was good. Busy like most places for breakfast. Staff good. Food good and reasonable price. Grabbed some baked goods for snacks which were very good.

• Visited July 2013
Parry Sound, Canada
“Two visits - two different experiences”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It is hard to rate this restaurant fairly. We ate supper there on Friday night, July 12 and it was excellent and very reasonably priced. Service was also excellent. On Saturday morning we went there for breakfast. It was very busy but we were seated fairly quickly and our order was taken in reasonable time. The girls seemed to be run off their feet and unfortunately there was only two of them and they had to handle the cash register as well and everyone wanted to buy baked goods as they left as well, so that was monopolizing one waitresses time almost exclusively. We ended up waiting 55 minutes before we got our breakfast which was good, but I have had better without such a long wait. By the time we finished breakfast, a third waitress showed up and still we had to line up for at least 15 minutes to pay our bill.
I realize it is hard to predict how busy a restaurant will be, but the proprietor should be aware of what kind of weather is predicted, the time of year, and perhaps even finding out from the hotel/motels how booked up they are so that he/she can make sure there is adequate staff arranged for the shifts. I realize this does not work if someone calls in sick, but I did not get the impression that this was the case that day. Sorry that my review cannot be totally positive.

• Visited July 2013
Orillia, Ontario, Canada
“Great find”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband & I visited Mum's while staying at a cottage on Manitoulin Island. We made the trip to Mindemoya from Little Current and it was 100% worth it. Never would have guessed from the parking lot! Good food at an incredible price. My meal cost less than a soy latte from Starbucks - I never would've guessed that good food could come so cheap! We also left with a few baked goods that were just as great as everyone says! The raspberry pie was one of the best I've had. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Katelin B
Toronto, Canada
“Yum Yum You Gotta Try Mum's!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have been visiting Manitoulin Island for over 30 years and Mum's is a mandatory stop (more than once) on each trip. A great little gem of a place that serves excellent home cooked meals and always with a smile. And don't forget to pick up some of Mum's baked goods - homemade bread, yummy cookies and the OMG - I've gotta have apple fritters. You have to go early to get the fritters as they often sell out!

Visited July 2012