“Perfect for relaxing getaway”
Review of Rockville Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mindemoya
Rockville Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Mindemoya B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We spent three nights at the Rockville Inn and it was the perfect place to explore the island from. The grounds are beautiful with lovely flowers and the view of the lake is great. Plenty of places to sit and relax. We were in the Navajo room which was very comfortable. Breakfasts are good and filling and Carol is friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I discovered this B&B last year when we stayed for 2 nights. We decided to return this year and stay 6 nights in order to explore more of this vast island. We had a wonderful time again. Everything is in good condition and Carol is very helpful with any request we make. We spent each day going somewhere different on the island and came to appreciate the central location. Carol is very familiar with the island and has helpful suggestions. We stayed in the Birds Nest this time and really like the ability to make our own meals. The garden at the back is a beautiful place to relax after a day of exploring and just read a book or just enjoy watching the hummingbirds.

Room Tip: Birds Nest is like a separate apartment. Great if you want to cook some of your own meals and just w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a wonderful experience! Five nights and six days of bliss in a beautiful setting on the lake. The house and gardens are delightfully charming and welcoming, as is host Carol. She is surely the ideal to which all hoteliers should aspire. No request by guests was too much for her. We enjoyed the restaurants that Carol suggested, especially The Schoolhouse (reservations required) for dinner and The Garden Shed for lunch. (We found everybody on Manitoulin super friendly!) It is quite far from the B & B to any restaurant at all, so if you would like to at least occasionally stay on Rockville's property without having to venture out for meals (wonderful breakfasts are provided - apart from her many other talents, Carol is an excellent cook), I strongly suggest that you bring a hamper of food/snacks that do not require cooking. I am pretty sure that Carol wouldn't mind your leaving a couple of items in the fridge, but next time, I'll take a small plug-in Coleman refrigerated hamper with me. (I wish I had known that in advance.) While my husband and I went to Manitoulin specifically for the annual First People's pow-wow, which was an outstanding privilege to attend, I wouldn't mind returning to the Rockville Inn for a "do-nothing" type of vacation. (However, there are many, many natural attractions on Manitoulin.) The garden is a showpiece! It was a thrill to see all the hummingbirds. Thank you, Carol!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I found this B&B over 4 years ago by accident and found out our Daughter and Son-in-law and family had stayed there the year before. This is our favourite place to visit - as my husband says, "It is the closest he has been to heaven." My sister and I are planning a 4 night stay this August, for a quiet, relaxing visit - and for the great food and friendships. Only place I wanted to go to rejuvenate myself, and show my sister the great place.

Room Tip: If you want an old fashioned room with a tub with claw feet, ask for the room looking west. We love...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We called a resort looking for a last minute room - they were booked and referred us to Carol and Ron's B&B. We got the last room which turned out to be the best room (though all are great) in the house. Right on the lake - great for kayaking - quiet - no constant hum of engines. Carol was extremely accommodating to diet needs. We got sooo lucky finding this place - we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights.

Upon arrival, the first impression for us was that how lovely the house looked. The house is decorated with a lot of flowers, dolls and other things.

The hostess Carol lived right next door and came to give us a really warm welcome.

We stayed in the Navaho room, which is themed by Carol's horse. The room was pretty neat and clean and it came with a wash room. The facilities worked well. The bed was so comfortable, and I had one of my best sleeps that night in recent months.

And it was beautiful work of Carol for the back garden, even this back garden was a nice scene of our trip.

What made me really exciting is that the lake right by the house. I just loved sitting on the dock and watching the lake for as long as possible.

It was nice of carol suggesting a lot of nice places to go around the area.

In the morning, Carol made delicious breakfasts along with nice coffee. And it was nice talking to other guests in the house.

Overall, it was an unforgettable experience and we surely will return next time

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here with another couple for 2 nights. We chose this bed and breakfast because of the ratings and closeness to the 'cup and saucer' hiking trail. Positives: large property with beautiful gardens; lake is literally in their backyard, (includes dock, canoe, kayak for use); you have 'run of the house' since owners, Carol and Ron live in home next door, (B&B has 5 bedrooms - each with own bathrooms, but we were the only guests in the main house - 3 people rented the attached accommodations, which were quite separate); large front porch and back deck for relaxing in a very quiet and beautiful property; very clean; spacious and comfortable with access to kitchen, (including fridge), living and dining area where we played cards and read in the evening; animal lovers will enjoy the 2 dogs and 2 horses, ( 2 cats were never seen); very friendly and informative hosts, (Carol/Ron); lake is very clear and has resident ducks, (at this time of year, they also had a parade of ducklings following them).
There is no air conditioning, (fans provided), and I'm sure that some nights don't require a/c, but it was quite warm during our stay. Our bathroom was quite small, but Carol provided everything needed, (and extra supplies in a basket on a table in the hall if you forgot anything). Breakfast was good - we would have liked some choice and/or asked what we like/don't like to eat in the morning.
If you love privacy; quiet; beautiful gardens; access to a calm and clear lake; friendly and informative hosts; choose the Rockville Inn B&B - it's a great place to get lots of R&R!

Room Tip: Four rooms are on the upper floor, (two have showers in a separate bathroom and two have bathtubs in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends