“Great Day with a Great Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Victoria Falls

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Delices
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Day with a Great Guide!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

While moored in Roseau we took a day trip to Victoria Falls with Sea Cat (Octavious). We had a really good trip up to the falls with many stops along the way where Sea Cat had our family try out various fruits and check out different plants and trees. Some time before the hike checking out the "Rastaurant's" organic gardens was fun also. As our kids are getting homeschooling while we're cruising on our sailboat, these fit in perfectly with what we're looking to provide them on this trip.

For the hike up to the falls there were a few challenging sections, but Sea Cat did a great job of keeping an eye on those who needed it and knew the trails and the boulders well to help them out. The falls were spectacular with a fantastic swim at the base, with some cliff jumping for the more adventurous. The hike out followed by a really nice 'One-Pot' meal served in Calabash bowls at the 'Rastaurant' was a nice end to the day.

Sea Cat's energy and enthusiasm for sharing his island made seeing a beautiful site even better!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Canada C

Nyack
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not to be missed, even if intimidated. Get a guide and enjoy the splendor.”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

After reading the reviews, I was worried that I couldn't handle the trek (somewhat plump with knee problems). But, I gave it a go and will do it again.

You will definitely need a guide who knows where to cross the river (5 times) to get to the falls. He also readily lent a hand to hoist me up on occasion. Parts of the hike were easy. A few parts were scary. I slipped once going up, but grabbed onto the rock and pulled myself up. I also started to panic when I was told to jump down onto one rock that I didn't feel comfortable navigating. After collecting my peace, I came up with an alternative way to get down (sliding from a seated position into the water; a solution which the other women and girls followed).

While I may have struggled at times, my 8 year old daughter and her dad did not, and both helped others along the way. Teamwork definitely played a part and was a great lesson for the 3 girls in our group of 8.

To get there: Look for the Victoria Falls Tavern sign. That is where you turn in. Then, you'll see a smaller white Zion sign that mentions guides. Take the dirt road there to the "Rastarant" restaurant, park, and ask for a guide - Moses or one of his brothers. We were led by Ofi-Will (sp?).

This was a wonderful experience, one my family will certainly recall for years. In addition to the sheer beauty of the falls, it was an invigorating and exciting adventure.

Note: Also check out the Red Rocks and Emerald Pool.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sunhandler
Pickering, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“TREK TO THE FALLS”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Sea Cat (Octavious) met our boat as we maneuvered in the Caribbean Sea off Rosseau, Dominica. He drove us to Victoria Falls taking in the sights along the way. First we visited a Rastarant near to the falls at which we left orders for lunch. Then, Sea Cat guided us up the river, crossing several times, up the boulders and slippery slopes until we reached the pool and the falls. We swam with Sea Cat to the side of the falls and he showed us the way to get right under and behind the falls for a very special effect. Then, we climbed up the side and dived into the swirling cascade ... amazing! Back at the Rastarant we were served a vegetarian stew in a calabash with coconut spoons ... everybody the same, delicious potion, made by Ras Moses and his son. We sampled the famous Dominican herb along the way. A wonderful day spent with Sea Cat.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank David G
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good fun”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our guide Seat was wonderful and insisted that the whole party clamber over the rocks and ." afterwards

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bernadette E
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Absolutely stunning”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Victoria Falls are absolutely stunning and run from the white river giving the water an incredible colour. It's a pretty easy hike but you will need good hiking shoes and the hike requires crossing the river several times.

Visited March 2014