I recently stayed at Father's, for three nights, in the dorm room as a backpacker. This place is definitely up there with the top places I've stayed in Malaysia. From lovely staff, who will do anything for you, to comfortable beds, and a real chilled out vibe. Great place to meet people, and they arrange great tours for you too. I would stay here over anywhere else in Cameroon Highlands. Loved it.
The only (minor) downside was that the dorm bathroom (the bigger one) windows opened out to a building site, and so of you weren't thinking, you could easily give the builders a free strip show in the morning!
There was also a rooster than enjoyed waking me up nice and early, but I guess that can't be helped!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fathers Guesthouse is situated 2 minutes walk to Tanah Rata town/ Unititi Express bus stop. Located across the road from Maybank, behind Twin Pines Chalets. Close to shops, restaurants, banks, money changer, and pharmacy and laundry service. Clean, cozy, affordable and comfortable rooms, friendly service and ideal + peaceful location, make it the place to stay for backpackers & budget travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Father's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Father`s Guest House Hotel Tanah Rata
- Father's Guest House Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata