“I do reccommend!”

Father's Guest House
Ranked #2 of 29 Tanah Rata B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights, with 2 kids (12&6). They had set up an extra bed in our room without any additional cost. Rooms are very basic but tidy and functional, air was fresh and we had a good sleep wihout hearing a single voice (though our room was next to back door and a small lobby.
Hotel is in good location, just 5 min. walk to village centre, you could also walk(hike) to another village. We just did not do that beeing afraid we might get lost in forest as we had no GPS and I'm no good with maps. We also took the tea plantation trip which was organised by the owners of hotel. I suspect we got something extra that other tourproviders do not offer - the tour was very educational, lots of fun. The guys take this business very seriously. Other guests in hotel were mostly european backbackers, friendly and well behaving. So I felt safe with kids.
Oh, I was also helped by hotel administrator to get our tickets to smallbus, which took us to Kuala Besut ferry (to Perhentian island), the trip rom CH to KB was flawless. So what I experienced, was that the team in Fathers Guesthouse is proffessional, friendly and trustable. They just have solution to everything you ask.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here for two days and had a great time! Gerard was very kind and nice to everyone and showed a great attitude towards the guests. We had help with booking a trekking tour and also our bus from Cameron Highlands. If i go back there i will definetly stay with Gerard and Fathers Guesthouse again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Certainly a most wonderful experience over there! I have certainly been touched by the warm hospitality of Gerard and Zoe! My stay was very pleasant indeed. It was my first solo trip out and it was good to have been submerged in such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere!
I want to especially mention that if you go to Cameron Highlands, Father's guest house and/or Gerard's place is definitely the place to visit! Down there you really get to experience the real Cameron highlands and not the tourist facade that a few tourist agencies have made it to be!
I want to especially mention that Gerard and Zoe went deliberately out of their way to help me on the last day when I was stuck without any cash to catch my bus (long story). I am eternally grateful for your help! Gerard and Zoe! If you're reading this...this is David here! thank you so much!!!!

In conclusion! Consider no further! Just make this place your choice now! I will definitely be returning some day!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, all friendly, no breakfast had to go down the town to get it. Tours okay. Wifi sporadic, rooms lovely, big and clean. Shower cold!!! Room was right next to living area and quite noisy if you wanted to go to bed early, but people did respect that and it's not a party place. Think too much money for what is on offer but still a good solid hostel to stay in.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Yes the staff is friendly and helpful, but I am still not sold on this guesthouse! We had a doubleroom on the groundfloor right by the door and the room with a TV. We shared bathroom with one other bedroom but because of the location of the rooms, everyone used our bathroom, hence there were never any toiletpaper left, my soap was stolen and the bathroom became dirty quickly. The sound from the TV and the people watching TV was kind of disturbing at night. The rooms are otherwise good. Also a good location.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2013

All the people are great and warming human beings.
I would like to mention Gerard, Bella and Satih for the wonderfull job they are doing, thank you very much for making me feel like home!
If you need something, just ask! They will begin a fight between them regarding who will help you first!

Room Tip: You will find over there any kind of room you like or need! The beds are very comfortable!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Fathers guest house is a really friendly place in the Cameron highlands. As soon as we arrived the staff were all great with showing us around and recommending places to go and eat (the Indian by Starbucks do amazing breakfasts, roti cannai with banana and honey!)

The staff can recommend tours for you to do and book these in for you which is great.

The rooms are nice and clean, we stayed in a RM70 double room with shared bathroom. They don't have air con but you really don't need it! Infact it was great to have duvets! It would have even been nice to have a little heater in the room as they did tend to get a bit damp despite leaving the windows open and fan on all day. Just a recommendation!
Breakfast isn't included in the price of the room but you are only a short walk from town.

Bathrooms were clean enough, the toilet next to our room wasn't flushing but we mentioned it to reception and it was fixed straight away. Only improvement I'd like to suggest are separate toilets and showers! A bit of a pet peeve of mine, I don't think anyone likes going to the toilet with a wet floor and toilet seat! But they were clean and it really isn't even a complaint.

Overall, the staff really make the visit. So helpful even when it came to booking onwards travel and accommodation. Would stay again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple