I stayed there for 2 nights, with 2 kids (12&6). They had set up an extra bed in our room without any additional cost. Rooms are very basic but tidy and functional, air was fresh and we had a good sleep wihout hearing a single voice (though our room was next to back door and a small lobby.
Hotel is in good location, just 5 min. walk to village centre, you could also walk(hike) to another village. We just did not do that beeing afraid we might get lost in forest as we had no GPS and I'm no good with maps. We also took the tea plantation trip which was organised by the owners of hotel. I suspect we got something extra that other tourproviders do not offer - the tour was very educational, lots of fun. The guys take this business very seriously. Other guests in hotel were mostly european backbackers, friendly and well behaving. So I felt safe with kids.
Oh, I was also helped by hotel administrator to get our tickets to smallbus, which took us to Kuala Besut ferry (to Perhentian island), the trip rom CH to KB was flawless. So what I experienced, was that the team in Fathers Guesthouse is proffessional, friendly and trustable. They just have solution to everything you ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fathers Guesthouse is situated 2 minutes walk to Tanah Rata town/ Unititi Express bus stop. Located across the road from Maybank, behind Twin Pines Chalets. Close to shops, restaurants, banks, money changer, and pharmacy and laundry service. Clean, cozy, affordable and comfortable rooms, friendly service and ideal + peaceful location, make it the place to stay for backpackers & budget travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Father's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Father`s Guest House Hotel Tanah Rata
- Father's Guest House Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata