Stayed here for four nights while exploring the Highlands - and recovering from a sudden bout of fever. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, the guesthouse itself is lovely and rooms are very clean. We didn't have an ensuite bathroom, but it was just next to our room and rarely taken, so it was no problem at all. Lovely location just a little bit removed from the main street. Wifi was a little dodgy, worked on and off. Very good coffee and tea! My boyfriend had some issues with the air in the room being very very moist, I noticed it too but it didn't bother me as much - he felt is was really uncomfortable, but didn't have any other complaints. We just aired it out during the day, which seemed to help somewhat.
Indian food in Tanah Rata is to die for and dirt cheap, be sure to have some!
We also did the whole day tour, which was well worth the money and our guide was really knowledgeable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fathers Guesthouse is situated 2 minutes walk to Tanah Rata town/ Unititi Express bus stop. Located across the road from Maybank, behind Twin Pines Chalets. Close to shops, restaurants, banks, money changer, and pharmacy and laundry service. Clean, cozy, affordable and comfortable rooms, friendly service and ideal + peaceful location, make it the place to stay for backpackers & budget travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Father's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Father`s Guest House Hotel Tanah Rata
- Father's Guest House Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata