“Good room, good location but poor service !”

Century Pines Resort
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Tanah Rata
Da Nang, Vietnam
“Good room, good location but poor service !”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was a super time of us to stay at this resort. The room is more than expect with 2 floors and big. The view is beautiful too and it makes us feeling we are in our house ^^! I even thought of some children for us !?
The location is nice, very easy to go to the center, just few minutes walking.
However, I actually do not understand at all why the service here is quite low quality. The breakfast was not good as expect for a resort also. We do not have wifi in the room too, even could not buy. Only wifi in the lobby.

Room Tip: Just walk down to the center and try the Indian food there. It is amazing but so cheap !!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I chose century pines for the lack if better options as i booked online through a third party. Century Pines is cheaper relative to other hotels, but should you be looking for an affordable stay, the numerous guesthouses in the vicinity will suffice.

Hotel was dusty when we visited. There was also no complementary wifi in rooms as promised when we made the booking. Wifi is only available in the lobby. Use of pools (Jacuzzi) is also chargeable.

Overall, I would opt to stay in a guesthouse instead in future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lionel1507
Reviewed May 4, 2014

As a first time unplanned solo traveler. I find the location of the hotel very accessible from Bus & Taxi station and other restaurant around the area and as well as my favorite "Starbucks" and as well as police station & hospital. The hotel itself is very nice though some part of it is under renovation. What good thing about this hotel is that they have there own spa if you really need a good massage and also connected with CS travel agent. The only thing that really bothered me is the time of check-in which is 3pm. As I previously requested that I need to check-n early since I'm coming from Singapore and the bus will arrived early. At the customer service counter, I ask the receptionist if I can check-in already as I need to freshen up for my half day tour in the afternoon. But she told me that they are strict with the 3pm check-in time then I explained my situation and she then check again in the hotel system and ask me if it is ok to give me another room as the one assigned to me is still occupied. then I said yes as I really need to rest and change clothes but when she talk with manager she went back and told me no room available? hmmm ,.. kinda crazy .. But anyways, since I dont have a choice but to wait for about 3 hours before she lend me my room keys.

Just glad that my room is big and had a nice view. The bed is really big that I think can fit around 4-5 person. Though there is a bathtub but cannot be use for bath dipping as the warning sign indicated.

Food for breakfast is just normal, nothing to remember. Wifi is free at lobby only.

The only problem that I can say is that the room is not sound proof that you can hear the sound of children jumping or playing at the room. And since it is near the hospital, you can here the sound if serene at the middle of the night. But all in all, i can still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for nice view :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The reason for my stay here is due to its location and I wanted to check out how the Perak Suite is like since I could not find any photos of this room. Being a 3.5 star hotel, expect basics if you decide to stay here. The hotel has huge lobby. There is no buffet lunch or dinner. Breakfast served are very BASIC local food. If you are someone who is fussy about food, it might be a problem for you. There were many flies in the restaurant, so if you have issues with flies, I'm not sure how you will cope. There is no room service but you can have a take away at the restaurant and bring it to your room. There are many cafes / coffee shops / convenience store within 10 minutes walking distance from the resort. Again, if you like eating outdoors - be warned, there are many flies. The only place I could eat peacefully was The Lord's Cafe above Marry Brown (10 minutes walk through a playground). We stayed at Perak Suite (cost RM693.70 nett p/rm/night) which is located on the 1st Floor (or Level 2, Room 113). Room is spacious, clean, has nice furnishings and layout. The balcony is nice but not the view. The view is blocked. We tried opening the balcony once but flies got into the room which is not pleasant, so we decided not to open the balcony at all after that. The TV remote control was faulty on the day we checked in and was not replaced till we checked out. Staff are okay - not the overly friendly type but they served us well. There is a gift shop which is closed everyday. I was told that the owner of the shop has ran away. If you need to get any toiletries, there is a Watson about 5 - 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Rezani R
riyadh
Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was a beautiful hotel. I just loved my stay there..the room was extremely huge the bed was very comfy bathrooms were great and breakfast was good too. We just loved our stay here. We highly recommed this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nida n
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Not only was there incessant repair work in the hotel in the wee hours of a weekend, there were enough flies at the breakfast buffet to put anyone off eating for the rest of the day.

The only consolation was a partial refund given by the hotel for the unutilised stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fareed H

Travelers are raving about these Tanah Rata hotels

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The room was spacious with a balcony and a nice view on the forest. Not that it is very important, but very few channels available on the TV. There's no Wifi in the rooms but you can access it in the lobby. The place is quiet and very well located, near some of the walking trails and not far from the bus station and the main restaurants. The staff wasn't very kind and was unable to help when I asked for a local guide to explore the hiking trails. The buffet breakfast is OK, but nothing great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view on the forest if this is what you want.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
#4 of 12 in Tanah Rata
Hillview Inn
Hillview Inn
#7 of 12 in Tanah Rata

Been to Century Pines Resort? Share your experiences!