This Hotel may have once been "luxury" but it doesn't appear to have been updated since the 80's so that luxury is now somewhat faded! While the main reception areas are impressive and have plenty of marble and crystal once you leave reception it's all pretty basic. We choose this hotel for a 'treat' during a 2 week stay in Malaysia - but although it was the most expensive hotel we stayed in it certainly wasn't any better quality than hotels we paid 1/4 of the price for!
The location of this Hotel is good - easy walking distance from the main shops in Tanah Rata and very convenient for the bus station.
We booked two nights and despite it being off peak and the hotel clearly having a very low occupancy were given a room in a wing separate from the main hotel - up four flights of stairs (no lift) with no view at all :-( When I asked (politely) at reception why we didn't get a room in the main hotel reception staff just shrugged.
The main bedroom was reasonably clean but smelt musty and un-used. However the bathroom was mouldy and dirty (cobwebs in all corners). We were looking forward to having a bath but a sign informed us that the bath was to be used for showering only and no bath plug was provided. The room didn't have any source of heating and we found with only a sheet and thin duvet we were cold both nights.
The hotel lists a sauna and jacuzzi as facilities but we discovered that these were only available for patrons of the 'spa' and these services were overpriced and required 1 days advance booking!
Internet access was only available in the lobby and in the restaurant which wasn't very convenient - especially when we had to walk from the separate wing.
During our stay the buffet breakfast was not offered (I presume due to low occupancy) so we just got to order off the a-la-carte menu which was fine. The service was fast and the food was OK - nothing special but adequate.
Overall we were quite disappointed with our stay - the hotel did not meet the standard it presents via the description / photos so as a result we did not feel it was value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Century Pines Resort is located at the Heart of Tanah Rata . The biggest children playground in Cameron Highlands is just opposite the hotel . 3 minutes walk to bus station , to F & B outlets ,hair salon, shops , 24 clinic and etc. 5 min drive to Golf Course , 8 min drive to Bringchang , Night Market , Strawberry farm , Rose Garden , 15 min drive to Boh Plantation .The hotel has 153 room , with 99 Deluxe room , 11 Deluxe with Garden , 11 Superior with garden , 10 Duplex Suites , 1 Pahang Suuite , 1 Perak suite and 20 Superior rooms.The hotel guest is entitled for a 10% discount at the Thera Spa and 10% discount to shop at the souvenir shop .All rooms have balcony and the Suites have both kitchenette and balcony . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Pines Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Century Pines Hotel Cameron Highlands
- Century Pines Cameron Highlands
- Century Pines Resort Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata