This is a lovely colonial style resort! We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights which was just about right to spend in Cameron Highlands. The manager came to reception to greet us when we arrived to ensure that all our requirements had been met for our stay. One big plus point was the staff who were all extremely friendly and ready with a big smile. We enjoyed the cosy atmosphere with big armchairs to lounge about in and fireplaces with real fires burning at night. The huge four poster bed was a delight- one of the best night's sleep I've ever had. The bathroom is on the small side but otherwise all right. The only downside was that the rooms all face the main road. Even with all the windows and the door to the balcony closed, I could still hear the cars, although it was not very loud. I was just slightly bothered and my husband not at all so it depends on the individual. Perhaps if they double glaze the windows, it would be better.
All in all, a highly comfortable and enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata