There have been some negative reports of this hotel recently so let’s get the bad side over with first. It’s near a noisy road. If you are a light sleeper you need to take earplugs. Don’t let it put you off. The food in the hotel is very pricy, so often the case with top end hotels. But there are plenty of small restaurants in Brinchang which is a mile up the road, near enough to walk if you are energetic. (NB the road was not there when the built the hotel, it was built when they put the golf course in).
On the positive side – huge rooms in colonial style, good areas for sitting, bathrooms a bit small but I can see that to extend them would spoil the original rooms, they have all you need. Tea and coffee making facilities, good. Huge comfy bed and pillows, good seating area etc.
Breakfast was semi buffet style, plenty of cereal and fruit, continual flow of fresh juice and choice of 6-7 hot dishes, you would not get bored in a short stay. Service was a little lax considering how many staff were in the restaurant. We had to ask for more coffee several times.
The common areas have apparently been rebuilt in elegant plantation style since a fire in the 1970s and have clearly been recently extended to provide an Asian restaurant and shop, fronted by an attractive fish and water feature. There is a spacious and comfortable lounge area and a library with sofas, a real fire in the evenings and free wifi. The staff tried to make sure they knew our names and offer personal service; they offer a “range of board games” in the bar but when we asked for chess they did not have it. We were amazed when half an hour later a brand new set was delivered to our room! Someone had obviously been sent out to buy it.
We were there on a Friday and Saturday when it turned out half of KL was up for the weekend – cars and buses galore on the road – but it made the place really lively and fun. Don’t miss the night market in Brinchang for everything strawberry! We also went on the free Jin Thompson walking tour which was interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata