I have been to Cameron Highlands a couple of times and this hotel is exactly what we like about Cameron Highlands.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the concierge which is a good thing because the steps up may be difficult if you are carrying heavy luggage. There is also no lifts to the upper floors so you may want to consider a ground floor room if you have special needs.
We went there with our parents from Europe and we were given a room next to each other. As the room was not sound proof you may wanna have a room a little further away if you want to have some couple time.
The service is wonderful and the staff are always friendly and helpful.
The morning breakfast was just the right amount for us and the service is excellent at breakfast.
We also walked to the gold course in front of the resort to have other meals and even tried the Smoke House Grill located about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. For sightseeing we chartered a taxi who took us around the area Rose Garden Tea Plantation, Factory, Butterfly park vegetable market and etc. They charge about RM100 a day. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed our time exploring
The rooms were very comfortable and fortunately the noise from traffic does not bother me or my family.
Will surely come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata