I was travelling with my hubby and Mom in Law to CH last weekend from KL. We took the Tapah route up and Simpang Pulai route back. Both are approximately 3-3.5hour drive. It was a total different experience driving from Tapah Route where you see many aboriginal huts selling petai, honey and passing through a beautiful Lata Iskandar Fall whereby it is more whiny and narrow road. Whereas stunning view from the Tapah Route, wider roads and better conditions and a more relaxing drive.
CHR is located between Brinchang and Tanah Rata town and it is by the main road and right across the golf course. Hotel is very beautiful, nice ambience however we were extremely unhappy about the breakfast and lunch. I have stayed in TJR, PLR, Gaya Island and CHR seems to have the worse breakfast offering among the YTL brands. The breakfast is so called made to order but we highly doubt that they do so as the Mee Goreng is not piping hot and the portion is pathetic, the sausage for big breakfast seems have been siting there for ages before serving and the only thing hey do it fresh is probably the eggs. We are expecting Hotel charge at this rate should do better than this.
We decided to cancel the breakfast our second day and got a refund of RM 100 from Jim which is really appreciated.
Room was just Okay as I think it needs a better maintenance eg: the toilet flush was not working in our big bathroom. Our room 20 is located next to the kitchen and whenever we passed by the kitchen we smelled gas leak. It seems dangerous to us. Since the hotel is located right next to the main road, please bring ear plug if you are sensitive to noise as the golf course seems to have party all night till 1-2am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata