This hotel oozes class. From checking in to checking out the service is excellent and friendly. The current manager is Italian and makes himself known to all guests and is interested in their comfort. He supports Chelsea but we can forgive him that!
Although the towns in the Cameron Highlands are not so attractive, the hotel's countryside location, opposite a golf course and with view of the hills is second to none in this area. All rooms have a balcony facing the golf course.
There are good jungle walks around the hotel for the adventurous, although the hotel organises its own guided walks (expensive though at around £30 per person per walk!).
The food is also expensive (fillet steak at £45!) but the quality of the food and the preparation is second to none - a very good chef. Wine is also expensive but that applies to much of Malaysia. It's cheaper to drink vodka martinis than white wine!
Breakfasts were excellent with the hot food choices being individually cooked and served rather than the normal "help yourself buffet arrangement" - this enhanced the classy environment of the hotel.
We only had one criticisms - the free lobby wi-fi was "hit and miss", sometimes connecting and sometimes not and the hotel's technical staff could not sort the problem out but there is a free fixed (ethernet) internet terminal though, which solved our problem, although we couldn't use our Android Tablets.
We are glad we chose this hotel and enjoyed our three-night stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata