Moved to this hotel for 2 nights after cockroach infested Equatorial.
Was lucky to get in as two days before online it said it was fully booked.
Lovely room with walk in shower, didnt mind having no bath. Beautiful 4 poster bed, very comfy, lovely pillows, and with nice seating area. Very clean. Nice balcony area although couldnt see much due to roof directly infront.
The hotel itself is opposite the golf course. The public areas are so nice. Loved the library area and the pond with Koi.
Nice to have a hotel with old fashioned service. This is what makes this hotel. All the staff are friendly and helpful and cant do enough for you. My husband was unwell while we were there. They couldnt do enough to meet my requests and for that I am very grateful.
The dining room is very stylish with waiter service even for breakfast.
We had dinner on the first night and yes it was expensive but wonderful! A real treat!
The second night although you cant have room service they were more than happy to bring food to our room when my husband was unwell.
We also had the afternoon tea which was beautifully presented with lovely sandwiches and cakes.
I do agree with other comments that there is no light snack menu but all in all for a short stay this hotel delivers.
The only downside with this and many, and I mean many, of the hotels in the Cameron Highlands is the traffic. This is next to the main road. There is only one main road through the Highlands and it is busy. At night you can hear the traffic and if you were a light sleeper it could keep you awake. We were there during chinese new year so it was particularly bad. But we were told weekends is always bad. By bad I mean nose to tail traffic. It took us 2 hours to do 10kilometers!
Ialso notice the hotel issues a standard reply. It would be a nice touch if they reply it was done on a personnal level.
On a final note we did check out all the major hotels on our sightseeing and this was by far the best.
Install some double glazing and its a 10 out of 10 from us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata