Cameron Highlands Resort
Hillview Inn(Tanah Rata)
$39
Hotel De' La Ferns(Tanah Rata)
$89
$76
$79
Priceline
Strawberry Park Resort(Tanah Rata)
$80
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$25
Agoda.com
The Mentigi(Tanah Rata)(Great Value!)
$30
$26
$26
Hotel BB Inn(Tanah Rata)
$18
  • Free Internet
1,498 results
All reviewsgolf coursespa villagegonbei restauranthigh teaytl hotelsafternoon teathe main roadjim thompson tea roomroad noisepangkor lautcolonial stylehot towelscameron highlandsspa experiencedouble glazingcolonial hoteltrail walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2012

You are probably wondering why I titled it "outstanding service" right? As a fan of YTL resorts, been to five so far with Cameron Highlands resort being my second one towards the end of last year, I would say that the service given to my boyfriend and I was exemplary.

Besides the fact that the place has a colonical charm and rooms are furnished that way, what kept me wanting to to come back would be their service. My boyfriend fell sick on the first day of arriving with a high fever, cough, and sore throat the first night. I was truly frantic calling the receptioninst at 1am asking about doctors or 24 hour ones, and they directed me to the hospital nearby. My boyfriend could hardly get up, so we stayed in but he suffered through the first night. The second day itself, I went down for breakfast and spoke to Mages, telling him what happened and to my disbelief, he actually made porrifge for Ben and told me which doctor to see and such. He brought it personally to our room. Further more, the whole day, the staff assisted us in everything, mostly cooking for Ben and bringing the food up for him. By the afternoon, all the staff has already known that he was sick, and the best part, they made him a card with a fruit bowl and brought it to our room!! :)

We didn't go out of the resort throughout the 3 days and stayed in, but we didn't have to because Ben got better after seeing the doctor and we thoroughly enjoyed the food at all of their restaurants from GOnbei, to the breakfast and dinner place, and love the high tea!!!

The Spa is a MUST because the pre-treatment totally relaxes every muscle in you rbone. Just cover up because it might be cold.

That aside, the only bad thing which happened was the fact that motorcyclists had races(mat rempits) right in front of the resort at night which disrupted our sleep. I know the resort can't do much but the police should...

Thank you Mages, Peter, Serena, and the Housekeeping manager for everything:) You guys are awesome!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MeiSze
Wayne L, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this excellent review. It’s our pleasure to be of service to you and Ben. It is unfortunate that he got sick but we are glad that he had a speedy recovery. My team and I look forward to welcoming the both of you back here again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Escaping KL to Cameron highlands my wife and I were expecting old colonial charm in the centre of Malaysia. The hotel and service was fantastic and delivered just that! Cameron highlands area was beautiful and scenic however all of the tourist attractions are run down and a non-event. We were there during a long weekend and like most places in Malaysia experienced bad traffic jams, on the Sunday taking 2 hours to drive 8 km's. For anyone looking to go to Cameron highlands, you need not stay longer than two nights and don't go unless you stay at Cameron highlands resort!

• Stayed: September 2012
Wayne L, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Greetings from the cool highlands. Thank you for your recent stay and review. We are delighted that our resort and services have met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My best friend and I decided to spend 2 nights in Cameron highlands. After much research on google, we were convinced that CHR is the best and right place to stay. We have not heard of any negative review about this resort so we went there with excited heart to rest and relax from the hustle and bustle Singapore.

Upon arriving, it was only 7.30am. The usual time to check in was 3pm. But we just took a chance to go to the resort and see if we could by any chance manage to check in or just leave our backpacks. However, right before we got the the main entrance of the resort, we were greeted with great smiles and very adoring attitude. We felt really welcomed.

So we went to the front counter to try to check in. The staff invited us to rest at the sofa and served us with drinks of our choice at the lounge while waiting for the front desk staff look for a room for us. Then, warm face towel was served as well. It was feeling all great after 10 hours of journey from Singapore.

Shortly after that, the front desk staff came to us to explain to us that the room we book was not ready as it was still very early, but if we do not mind we could check into another room without balcony. Well, we did not mind. We just happily checked in after our coffee at that grand and with strong british accented louange.

The room was great. Clean, spacious and really nice. Bathroom is always the key thing for me too. But we were all happy with the bathroom.

Later on, after freshening up, we decided to roaming around on feet. Before setting out for the day, we were greeted by Ruth, the manager. She is so hospitable that we felt completely welcomed at this place. She suggested that when we return from the out and about, they would help us to change our room to one with balcony even though I told her that we are find with this one and certainly do not want to trouble them. However, she insisted that she would want us to really enjoy the resort and the room to the max.

n most hotels, staff just hardly go extra miles to care for things like that unless you request. But, at CHR, each and everyone of their staff carries themselves so well with great manner and attitude that you cant resist but would just like to come back again.

We appreciate every thoughtful thing that done by the staff. Like roses, dim light and soothing music in the room, slippers next to your bed and water on the side table that prepared by the staff every night. All these little details just make my heart smile. Our stay there was indeed one of the best relaxing holidays ever.

Room Tip: A room with balcony is nice to get a great view of the resort and the surrounding. No wifi in the guest room tho. But who need wifi when you are on holiday!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank duvyduck
Wayne L, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write this excellent review. We are delighted to receive your kind compliments and to know that this was one of the best relaxing holidays for you. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have heard a lot about the Cameron Highlands Resort, and YTL Hotels does do a lot of marketing to give it an exclusive vibe. Spent a few nights here, and check-in was fast though there was a little hiccup when they informed us our room wasn't ready yet even though we informed them that we would be arriving by noon.

Furniture and finishing had a feel of a nice country manor in the Scottish Highlands, and the pubic areas were tasteful in their wooden panelings. Can be a bit noisy, as it faces the main road.

Afternoon tea was decent, but the selections for nibbles was mediocre at best, and didn't present itself as grand as it was made out to be. Staff were attentive though they can be a little clueless at times. Breakfast was a bit of a hit and miss, and the staff were somewhat hectic in trying to get places ready and dishes up to speed.

Location is good, easy to walk down to the Smokehouse Restaurant, and an easy drive towards the two towns nearby. The reading room could do with some reading material, but the ambiance is kept with the heavy woody feel and fireplaces. Still, one of the nicer YTL Hotel properties.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason A
Wayne L, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Greetings from all of us at Cameron Highlands Resort. Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time review your stay experience. Your feedback and comments are important in helping us improve our guest experience. Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My family and I had the pleasure of staying here for a night on 2 September. I was amazed by the welcome and friendliness of all staff from the moment we stepped out from our vehicle after a very long ride. I wished we stayed for more than 1 night. The property was great, had a lovely afternoon tea and even went on a tour provided with compliments by the hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cameron Highlands.

• Stayed: September 2012
Wayne L, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Greetings from the cool highlands. Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your kind compliments. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay in the near future.