Really enjoyed my stay at TJ's Lodge. Nice, airy and bright rooms that were impeccably clean. Walls were thin and you do get some noise from the bar below (while we were there the music played past midnight).
The Lodge has a nice common area with TV and cooking facilities. They also have a book exchange / sell thing. Books on sale for about RM3.
The shared bathroom was clean and the water in the showers got nice and hot.
Staff okay, nothing to write home about.
A bit rundown in some parts - our door was jammed and our window wouldn't shut properly.
Some tips :)
- TJ offer a laundry service but just take it yourself a few doors down - is cheaper that way
- do jungle trail one, it's awesome!
- make friends with a taxi driver and get their number. Helpful for when you need to get picked up at the end of the day as there aren't many taxis around the area
- pack a jumper! We came from KL and were not expecting it to be so cold
- if getting the bus to Penang don't book with Unititi - they drop you off at some random place far from Georgetown
- TJ's was a good place to stay but don't be afraid to just turn up and find a hotel (especially in low season) - plenty of hotels around for RM50 and they seemed to offer much the same (we paid RM60 and that's with share bathroom)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your TJ Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- TJ Lodge Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata