De'Native Guest House
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Hotel BB Inn(Tanah Rata)
  • Free Internet
Avillion Cameron Highlands(Cameron Highlands)
View Hotel
Hotel De' La Ferns(Tanah Rata)
  • Breakfast included
Hillview Inn(Tanah Rata)
The Mentigi(Tanah Rata)
View Hotel
All reviewscameron highlandssinging karaokethe busevery eveninginteresting storiesplace to stayperfect place to relaxother travelersten minute walkhot showerkuala lumpurcup of teatanah rata townthe main roadbonfirevolunteersjungle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed in Chris' place for 4 nights and they were the best huts in Malaysia. Not only the place is amazing, the owner will help you and give you a ride to the town, or you can walk for 10 minutes.

Clean bungalows and hot water!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

we r happy with the bungalows..best place to stay..free your mind n peacefull place..uncle Krish treat us like own children..help us alot..the sad part was when we r bout to leave he hug me n cry..i was shock..its a relation ship that he make with us through the 2 night..i wun forget him in my life..its hard to see people like this...thank you so much uncle Krish...may god god bless you..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

OK it's a 10 min walk from downtown Tanah Rata. But so worth it!!! You won't regret your choice..
To get there the 1st time, I suggest you either call Krish the owner 0165479077 or from the new bus station ask the lady at the UNITITI counter to call Krish and he will gladly pick you up within 5 minutes! Actually Krish will gladly take you up and down when needed free of charge. That's how nice and committed he is to make his guests feel at home.. At De'Native, I stayed 3 nights: in the main house/ chalet and in a bungalow. Super clean, comfortable bed. Only fans (no AC, but really who needs one in C. H?) and hot water with the bucket shower. Back to Nature 100%! Bungalows have a mosquito net. Don't be afraid of bugs and wild animals at night!
Common area is pleasant, the bar he is finishing will be awesome! Men working there are super nice and friendly. I had the pleasure to chat around a bonfire on my last night. Unforgettable!
Krish is always there to help you with whatever you need. Also his tour is highly recommended if you want a unique experience with native clans. He is THE man in C. H. so don't be afraid to ask him any thing you want to know/ experience/ plan.
Don't look further really, don't stay in town where all accom are crowded, here you will enjoy some peaceful and joyful moments.
Terima Kasih Krish and long live the De'Native family!! kiki

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My friends and I found De'Native after finding out we cannot go back to KL in the evening. We ran out of money by the time we were there due to extensive traveling across Malaysia. Staying at De'Native is one of the best places I've ever stayed in the past. It was quiet and affordable. The owner Trish was so nice and entertained us the whole time we were there. Trish told us plenty of stories and sang karaoke with us while drinking some liquors. He made it possible for us to go see the world's largest flower in the jungle even when we told him we did't have enough money. I will never forget my trip to Malaysia, esp: Cameron Highlands. I cant wait to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great find in Tannah Rata - about 15min walk to town via an easy route. Accom is either dorms in the main house or cute little Bamboo style huts all with own bathroom and hot water.

We loved this place - after being disappointed with all the accom in town we were so happy to find this place. You expect a rural retreat in Cameron Highlands - you wont find it in town but Krish has provided just what you would expect here at De'Native and it's affordable for backpackers too!

Don't stay anywhere else :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple