“Quality and affordable”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Tanah Rata
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went to the cafe in a group of 10. The cafe is located above Marrybrown which is easy to be found. The environment is cozy and a bit dark because it use natural sunlight. They are famous of scone, there are 2 types of scone, cream and strawberry scone. Personally I think the formal is better, the later is a bit dry. Can try their pancake and choc banana moist cake too, both are not bad. Like the peppermint tea as well. Overall I think it's very good except they are lack of staff so customer need to self serve especially we in a large group. We need to write down our order in paper. For older adult who don't really enjoy high tea can skip for this cafe but for others I would say why don't give it a try, it will satisfy your taste buds! Btw, the cafe is closed on Sunday, luckily we went there on Monday!

There are newer reviews for The Lord's Cafe

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Strawberry scone is the best! Apple pie, chocolate moist cake and tea was awesome. Cheap and great food.Me and my friend went there twice within three days and takeaway back home too =)

1  Thank zaraivy
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited this cafe after reading the recommendation from Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed at all. Scones we wonderful. We order Cream Scone and Strawberry Scone. A Chicken Pie. A banana pancake. Hash brown (it's not the typical hash brown but my daughter loves it. She had 2 servings). And a cup of orange tea.

Overall, food is good. My favourite is the scone. Is it the best in the world?.... I don't know...... but it's good, that's for sure. And for the price that we paid.... really... there's nothing to much one can complain about. I think we paid RM2.50 per scone.

The entrance to this cafe is from the side of the building. This place is self service - counter order and self pickup. There're only 2 staff on duty when I was there. The place can get hot at times due to the heat coming from another restaurant's kitchen (Mary Brown) which was located right below The Lord's Cafe. To avoid the heat, just move to the side wing of the cafe. It's a smaller space, but definitely cooler.

2  Thank mr_ngiau
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The cafe seems a little run-down but the apple pie was really nice. The scones and the crepe were OK.

My children enjoyed the mango lassi very much though I found it a little sweet.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I stumbled upon this quaint cafe while walking the streets of Tanah Ratah. We just had lunch, but when we discovered that scones and mango lassi were sold in this cafe, we could not resist it. We tried the strawberry scones, mango lassi, banana chocolate cake and the coffee. The scones were great. And for less than RM13.00, this is a real bargain indeed! Highly recommended!