My wife and i bought the groupon for 1 night stay + buffet bfast + steamboat dinner.
The checkin was very fast and we were very pleased with that.
The room was BIG and SPACIOUS and CLEAN. Free wired LAN internet in the room + safety box + bathtub + shower were big big plus points as my wife and i and our little baby lovess comfort.
The view was also very good - we faced the trees and nothing else. When taking a nap in the day time (3pm), all you hear is the very peaceful sounds of the wind and birds chirping.
Steamboat dinner was fun as it was free - but we would never have paid for it.
Most of their restaurant staff didn't fully understand English (whereas the front counter+bell service were proficient).
The worst experience was in the morning buffet breakfast. We were the earliest at 7am.
1) The sambal for Nasi Lemak was burnt
2) The bread toaster didn't work
3) There was only 3 staff on hand - so no plates were cleared from our table whilst we were eating. VERY BAD.
4) But the worst of all is the chinese chef who was handling the Egg Station. He was rude (all he did was gesture rudely at the plates he had prepared and didn't say a single thing nor smiled), incompetent (every egg dish he cooked was UNCOOKED and RAW), didn't man the station (he was busy chatting with the restaurant cashier) - i asked Reception and was told that his name was "Uncle Foo"
i was terribly upset at this dis-service from the restaurant staff. Needless to say, we didn't stay long in the restaurant and left to eat outside.
Overall, we loved the Room and Peaceful environment - the new wing is very comfortable.
I would have given this place a "Very Good" - but for the horrible buffet breakfast and its' staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands is a 238 room low rise tudor style boutique hotel situated on a hill in the town of Tanah Rata. Surrounded by elegantly sculptured gardens reminiscent of the Old English countryside set in a lush tropical rainforest as background, it is the prefect place to refresh, relax and rejuvenate from the concrete jungle of most cities. The hotel blends tradition with modern comfort for discerning travelers with personalized services from friendly staff. LOCATION The Hotel is ideally located at 1800 meters above sea levels surrounded by lush tropical forest with a birds eye view of the panoramic town of Tanag Rata. It is a 8 minute stroll to the town of Tanah Rata. ACCESSIBILITY We are easily accessible via the North-South Highway (trough Tapah exit),the Simpang Pulai new access road and the Gua Musang new access road. Three and a half hours drive from Kuala Lumpur or just one and a half hours drive from Ipoh city. Taxis and coaches are also available from all major cities within Malaysia to Cameron Highlands. GUEST ROOMS Our 238 rooms and suites were designed with your comfort in mind with rooms and suites ranging from 320 square feet to 860 square feet. With its sleek interiors, we have managed to include in a full range of amenities which include IDD, mini bar,LCD TV with inhouse movies, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and attached private balcony. Our choice of rooms range from Superior (320 sq.Ft), deluxe (430 sq.Ft),to Deluxe Family Rooms. Our suites range from Superior Suites to Deluxe Suites and Presidential Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Cameron Highlands
- Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands Tanah Rata